Best DVD player with budget of $600? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD player with budget of $600?

BKSinAZ
05-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I kinda like the black looks of the sonys. (goes with the rotel stuff)
Is it worth going with a blue ray one?

superpanavision70mm
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
I really love the Denon 2910. Why? Well, for one it does CD, HDCD, SACD, DVD and has HDMI out. It's also an affordable player, but is really well constructed and has great audio detail.

In order to answer your question better I would need more details. For example: are you considering Blu-ray for any particular reason...what type of TV will you be playing on? What other type of equipment are you using? ie receiver, amps, etc. What type of features are you looking for in a player? These will all be helpful. The Denon I mentioned comes in black or silver. I like the black personally.

BKSinAZ
05-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Not considering bluray, but want something that will take me to the near future. Not sure what will be in the future of DVDs. Perhaps HD. My display is a New Sony Grand Wega SXRD. Speakers are B&W and Amp is Rotel 1095. I just want to get the most out of my Display and have the best resolution. I just am not sure to buy a dvd player like Sony's DVP-NS3100ES/B (or other brand with same caliber) or wait for more HD players to hit the market. Not sure of the resolution difference between the two types of players.

I really love the Denon 2910. Why? Well, for one it doD, HDCD, SACD, DVD and has HDMI out. It's also an affordable player, but is really well constructed and has great audio detail.

In order to answer your question better I would need more details. For example: are you considering Blu-ray for any particular reason...what type of TV will you be playing on? What other type of equipment are you using? ie receiver, amps, etc. What type of features are you looking for in a player? These will all be helpful. The Denon I mentioned comes in black or silver. I like the black personally.

edtyct
05-18-2006, 03:46 AM
I completely concur about the Denon 2910, or its current Denon equivalent, if you're looking for a well-constructed DVD player capable of high performance across the board. It's the best bang for the buck in the outstanding Denon line. I also have a personal fondness for the Sony DVP-NS3100, which injects a definite refinement to the look of ordinary DVDs, as well as playing SACDs with aplomb. One advantage of the Denon is its support of DVD-A; Sony doesn't support DVD-A because it competes with SACD. Denon is a neutral party.

These days, however, when regular DVD technology has reached its peak, you can certainly spend less money and get satisfactory audio and video performance. But the two players mentioned so far offer a degree of finesse, polish, and solidity that the good budget decks can't achieve.

shokhead
05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Yamaha 750.

L.J.
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Another vote on the 2910. I've been enjoying mine for well over a year now. Excellent player!!