Still not released on CD? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Still not released on CD?

unleasHell
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Are there any records that you wish were out on CD and for whatever reason are still not released? One that I would buy is:

The Nails: Mood Swings

and a link to info on it:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE47E18D34CAB7720D7863A52CCB153FA009350 F28B1F320456D3B82D518A087EF06ADFA381B4E574B366ADFF 2EA2160BD9CBEF5CFCD4765D40&sql=10:kekcikljbbc9

Ex Lion Tamer
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Wreckless Eric - The Whole Wide World

The Yachts

Dusty Chalk
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
John Palumbo's first two albums. Crack the Sky's second and third album (as complete albums, bonus tracks 'd be nice, rather than this two-fer thing that Lifesong put out).

Finch Platte
05-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Lots of 'em.

For starters:

The Dregs- Industry Standard. First Dregs disc with vocals. All of the Dregs/Dixie Dregs have been released but this 'un. Oops- I sit corrected. Looks like they've finally released it thru Steve Morse's web site. Kewl! Oops. Unavailable. :incazzato:

The Tong. Mingo Lewis' (Tubes percussionist on a drum kit here) starts a band and releases a great album that sounds a lit-err, lot like the Police.

Code Blue. Angular, tight, 3 minute pop songs by a 3 piece outfit from the 80s. Damn, after looking around, this is also available. Thanks a lot- I'm gonna be spending a lot of $$ in a few minutes, here. :cornut:

4 Out Of 5 Doctors. More tight poppy stuff with a sense of humor.

9 Below Zero. Dr. Feelgood-type (remember them?) blooze-rock stuff. Lofi, also w/ a humor vein.

Quincy. One album, and I think there may have been a single from it, but I dunno which song it might have been. Extreeeemely catchy synth-pop.

Gary Myrick & The Figures. The guitarist slays me, and I usually don't listen to many guitarists. Very tasty. Also pop with millions of hooks in their 2 first albums.

fp

3-LockBox
05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Buckingham Nicks

I want it

There's also a Kingfish album (sans Bob Weir) that was pretty good that was never released on CD. I believe it was called Trident.

My neighbor has excellent vinyl copies of both if I ever get off my lazy ass and figure out how to 'rip' them onto a computer...(btw: that's a hint to offer me some suggestions).