Hear the new Tears For Fears single [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hear the new Tears For Fears single

Jim Clark
01-28-2004, 07:12 AM
You can find the first single, "Closest Thing To Heaven", off the new CD here: http://www.arista.com/Page?sn=Arista&pn=Arista%20Home

Uhh, I don't know what to say. I'm deeply saddened, disappointed, crushed, demoralized, my spirit has been broken, I feel dejected, and let down. But hey, maybe it will grow on me!

jc

Troy
01-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Yeah, it's no "Break it Down", is it?

Wimpy crap.

PPG
01-28-2004, 07:46 AM
I downloaded it from iTunes for .99 but it won't let me burn it to disc. It sounded kind of uninteresting on first listen, but I, too, am hoping it'll grow on me. But surely, the rest of the album will be better from what I've read.

Jim Clark
01-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Despite my high hopes I had entertained the idea that the album would fall short of my expectations, but that remains to be seen. What bothers me most about the track is the recycling of old segments of their own material. I guess if you steal from yourself you can't get sued as easily. Take the synthetic sounding drum flourish in the middle of the single and compare that to the intro of "Seeds Of Love". Sound familiar? What did they think-put it in the middle of the song and nobody will notice? I'd hate to think that after all this time that this is the best they can come up with.

And Rick, I haven't heard a single thing about the overall tone or direction of the new album so hopefully it shines a bit brighter than this track.

jc