Best Pixar Movie? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Pixar Movie?

topspeed
05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Cars is coming, and it's safe to say I'm stoked! :thumbsup:

The trailers for this movie made me realize what a roll Pixar has been on, much to the delight of Steve Job's accountant (especially now that he sold the whole shootin' match to Disney).

That said, which of the Pixar movies to you think is best? Toy Story for it's ground-breaking animation? Nemo for it's classic Disney story? The Incredibles for making a 007'ish movie for both kids and adults?

What say you, FaveFilmer's?

L.J.
05-17-2006, 12:37 PM
wow that's a tuffy. i own em all and they are all great. let's see.......eany meany miny moe

kexodusc
05-17-2006, 01:35 PM
The Incredibles by a mile...Toy Story will always be special, but The Incredibles was just amazing. I can watch that over and over again...can't say the same for the others.

A Bug's Life was good too...Nemo was the only one I didn't care for actually.

topspeed
05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
The Incredibles by a mile...Toy Story will always be special, but The Incredibles was just amazing. I can watch that over and over again...can't say the same for the others.
Heh, wait until you have kids. You won't have much of a choice :D

superpanavision70mm
05-18-2006, 02:05 AM
TOY STORY 2 wins in my opinion. While all of them are really great in their own right, this was the one that got all the pieces lined up and working at full throttle. The story-line is incredibly well done, well played out and most importantly it actually has some deep seeded thought to it. The nostalghic nature of the toys we once loved and it took a unique perspective from the toys POV, but in a different way than the first movie. Not only did TS 2 up the ante in that regard, but they also made huge leaps and bounds technically as well. Comparing them side by side you can see how far the digital work went in just a few years.

Why the others didn't win...?

BUGS LIFE was very good, but was a stepping stone for the others.
TOY STORY was definitely great, but topped by TOY STORY 2
MONSTERS INC was fluffy and a bit too sweet for my taste. Still good, not great.
FINDING NEMO very good and a hard toss up next to TOY STORY 2, but did not have a better storyline.
THE INCREDIBLES was my least favorite and seemed far too Disney than Pixar.

Smokey
05-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Also Toy Story 2 for me :)

L.J.
05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
....catcha tiger by his toe.....if he hollars let him go.....

cam
05-18-2006, 10:12 AM
I voted for The Incredibles, to me this movie caters to everbody at any age. The one movie I didn't care for at all other then the animation was Finding Nemo.

My order goes The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 1
A bugs Life
Finding Nemo

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-18-2006, 11:21 AM
....catcha tiger by his toe.....if he hollars let him go.....

Okay stop this foolishness and choose already, Don't make me come over there!!:lol:

Once again, this is like Dorito's, I can't consume just one. I like them all Smoke, no more polls for you ::incazzato:

GMichael
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah LJ. Don't make Sir TTT come over there.

You'd both sit and watch toons for days, and neither of you would get any work done.

Just to be a pain, I vote for Tron. I know I know. So it doesn't fit. But I liked it. And it came out just when I was taking digital electronics & programming in college. It brings back fond memories.

L.J.
05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Okay stop this foolishness and choose already, Don't make me come over there!!:lol:

Still doing eany meany...........almost done.......if he hollars, let him go......eany meany......DANG lost my place, gotta start over.......eany meany miny mo.......

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Still doing eany meany...........almost done.......if he hollars, let him go......eany meany......DANG lost my place, gotta start over.......eany meany miny mo.......

Alright, you tiger has one less toe, I popped a cap in it. :prrr:

topspeed
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
The Incredibles are in the lead as they barrel through The Corkscrew, but will the Family Parr be able to hold off a drafting Woody & Buzz that look to be setting them up for a pass?

Too close to call so far...could LJ's vote mean the difference between someone walking away a winner and another just walking away?

L.J.
05-19-2006, 11:40 AM
It was close but I went with the incredibles. I could easily watch any of these at anytime and usually do when I happen to land on one while channel surfing.