Rives Audio Test Cd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rives Audio Test Cd

abulgan
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
has anyone used this?

i know that is has lots of Test Tone 20-20KHz but,when playing tones,ex in a 5.1 system,sound is coming from all speakers?how can i ajdust center speaker levels or freqs with all channels sounding at the same time.

L.J.
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't think the rives CD has sweeping tones. I purchased this CD for measuring room response. Your AVR should produce the needed sweeping tones you'll need. DVE or AVIA should work fine also.

Woochifer
05-16-2006, 02:37 PM
The Rives disc is more for measuring the frequency response for an individual speaker or a subwoofer, than for level matching a 5.1 setup. That particular disc is a good choice because it has a good set of test tones, plus a separate set that has been error adjusted to the commonly used Radio Shack SPL meter.

For matching the levels, you would either use the tone generator on your receiver or go with a calibration DVD that has the 5.1 DD and DTS test tones. The advantage of using a calibration DVD is that they use one set of narrowband test tones for the L/C/R/LS/RS/BS speakers and a different narrowband tone for the subwoofer. This is more accurate because it does not include the bass range with the L/C/R and surround speakers, which reduces room induced errors caused by the low frequencies interacting with the room boundaries.

abulgan
05-18-2006, 11:39 AM
got it today and found it useless

it has no seperate channel freq. ajdust option,has stereo sound how can i check center and surrounds freq

Woochifer
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
got it today and found it useless

it has no seperate channel freq. ajdust option,has stereo sound how can i check center and surrounds freq

Like I said, the Rives disc was not designed to check 5.1 channel levels because it is a two-channel CD. For multichannel level matching, you need to either use your receiver's tone generator or a test DVD. The Rives disc is useful for checking the in-room frequency response, and is particularly useful for subwoofer equalizing.

abulgan
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
i'm not trying to check my Channel Level but their Freq levels but this is not possible