New Rush... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Rush...

bobsticks
05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Has anyone heard any of the new Rush remastered discs? Is there enough of an improvement in sq to validate repurchasing older titles?

kexodusc
05-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, much better than the harsh digital transfers from the first batch. I just hope they re-release Vapor Trails, too. I bought most of mine for $7 cdn last year from Amazon, not sure what they're going for now, but they were cheap.

Finch Platte
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
...they had Marlee Matlin (http://www.marleematlinsite.com/) remix Vapor Trails, and it sounds much better. :ciappa:

fp

kexodusc
05-15-2006, 04:00 AM
...they had Marlee Matlin (http://www.marleematlinsite.com/) remix Vapor Trails, and it sounds much better. :ciappa:

fp

What? When did this happen? I can't find a verified copy anywhere on-line, can you throw a guy a bone here? I'll buy one today...the songs are just sooo good live...

bobsticks
05-15-2006, 06:01 AM
...for the info and the laugh

Cheers

Duds
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
These arent new are they?

Has anyone heard any of the new Rush remastered discs? Is there enough of an improvement in sq to validate repurchasing older titles?

kexodusc
05-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Why do I get the feeling I've been punk'd?

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM

Kex, Marlee Maitlin is a deaf actress. :lol:

3-LockBox
05-15-2006, 06:24 PM

Because, there's a hook in the corner of your mouth...

what a fish!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bobsticks
05-16-2006, 05:54 AM
In my defense, I didn't know these remasters had been out a while;they were new to me.
However, I did sit idly by while the Marlee Matlin gig was perpetrated on you:)

Cheers,
M

GMichael
05-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Huh? what? Come on guys. I'm still rubbing the sand out of my eyes today. What's going on here? Did they or didn't they?

Resident Loser
05-16-2006, 06:33 AM
...to the Rush fans, but does anyone else think Geddy Lee sounds like a ruptured turtle?

I like some of the music, but when he starts up...I wanna' pull my eyeballs out and fill my ears with concrete...

jimHJJ(...or is that the whole point?...)

Bernd
05-16-2006, 06:44 AM
...to the Rush fans, but does anyone else think Geddy Lee sounds like a ruptured turtle?

I like some of the music, but when he starts up...I wanna' pull my eyeballs out and fill my ears with concrete...

jimHJJ(...or is that the whole point?...)

I have just started on exploring Rush as the band has always slipped through my net somehow. Got a mint vinyl copy of 2112 last week and the music is fantastic,:6: but the voice I need to get used to.:ihih: I know what you mean Jim.
Great band never the less.

Peace

Bernd:16:

bobsticks
05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Huh? what? Come on guys. I'm still rubbing the sand out of my eyes today. What's going on here? Did they or didn't they?

Hey GMichael,
Yes, they did release some Rush remasters, although evidently not as recently as I had assumed. While it is still being debated as to whether there is improved sq, I can reassure you with a degree of certainty that Marlee Matlin did not participate in the remastering sessions.
Also up for debate is to what measure Geddy Lee possesses toucanish qualities.

Cheers and Wake Up!!!

PS--how goes the house?

kexodusc
05-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Kex, Marlee Maitlin is a deaf actress. :lol:

Okay,ya got me....this time! :ihih:

GMichael
05-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey GMichael,
Yes, they did release some Rush remasters, although evidently not as recently as I had assumed. While it is still being debated as to whether there is improved sq, I can reassure you with a degree of certainty that Marlee Matlin did not participate in the remastering sessions.
Also up for debate is to what measure Geddy Lee possesses toucanish qualities.

Cheers and Wake Up!!!

PS--how goes the house?

That's just not fair. I had already bought the first 4 Rush recordings on 8-track before I found out that cassets were better. Then had to re-buy them (and the next few as well). Then I found out that LP's were better yet and re-re-bought them. Then CD's came out and I re-re-re-bought them. It's gotta stop I tell ya!

Geddy has/had a great voice that indeed takes some getting used to. Kinda like he had a supply of helium with him all the time. In their R30 DVD he sounded like his voice was all but gone.

Can't wake up. I just went through a long weekend. It started with a trip to JFK & back, to pick up wifey. Then a drive to PA to check out the house. Then to CT to refferee pool matches all weekend. Up at 7AM each day and not get done till after 4AM. 1 hour of sleep Saturday night, or Sunday morning really. After the Sunday matches were over at 4:15Am (Monday really) I had another 1 hr sleep before driving home. (rain all the way) I did sleep most of the afternoon yesterday but took a sleeping pill last night to adjust my body to normal days again. It still hasn't worn off. Uhg!

House is coming along. Basement is done. 4 walls on the second floor as of Thursday. It hasn't stopped raining in 5 days so we may have a 2 story pool by now.