Star Trek TV series. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek TV series.

Smokey
05-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I don’t know if you guys noticed it or not, but did you know that each season of Star Trek
series (there are three seasons) on DVD cost $100. That is just too much.

I am big fan of ST, but not so much so to shell out $300 for whole TV series. May be if they cu price in half, then maybe :D

http://www.startrek2003.150m.com/toscrew.jpg

jamison
05-13-2006, 03:46 PM
isnt that insane and totally sad.... talk about price gougeing... i got star trek TNG season 3 and 4 for a christmas present... i went out to get the other seasons .. way too much.. you can find them new on ebay in the 70 dollar range.. still too much.
especially when they are on spike tv every day.

I guess they figure if you want it bad enough (trekkies get a life!!! I am a trekker and if you have to ask the difference you wouldnt understand) you will buy it.
heck i bought lost in space season 1 for 40 bucks.

Woochifer
05-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Apparently, in Paramount's estimation, there were more than enough other Trek fans out there who were willing to shell out the ~$100 or so for the full season sets, since that's how they've priced Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise as well. You would think that if $100 was too high a price to pay, the low sales figures would have pushed prices down by now. But, they haven't.

Otherwise, you can still buy the individual discs with two episodes a piece for $15, or you can look into those themed four-disc fan collective sets that go for around $35 (y'know, for certain fans who might be too cheap to buy the season sets :D).

If you want to save money on the Trek sets, you either need to buy the season sets the week that they come out (too late now, but I saw them selling for about $80 on the first day of release), find a used copy (which I've seen for about $60-70), or wait and wait and wait and wait and hope that the price goes down someday.

Smokey
05-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys for comments.

As it is evident from your posts, any TV shows on DVD related to space seem to be outrageously expensive. And fans seem to pay for it since the price hasn’t came down yet.

One thing that puzzle me is since TV shows are so expensive, why then ST movies are so cheap. Bestbuy have two discs set of each Star Trek movies (collector edition) for only $10. One would thought it would be the other way around :rolleyes:

musicman1999
05-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Here in Canada prices are dropping with The Next Generation dropped down to about $75.00 per season with the others supposed to follow.The origional series is still about $100.00 however.There are also available full seven season packs for about $400.00.A lot of money but each season would be less than $60.00.

bill

Worf101
05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Get em on the bay. I've all 7 Seasons of ST DS9 on DVD. Never paid more'n thatn $75.00 per sesaon.

Da Worfster

RGA
05-21-2006, 05:27 AM
Spend $150.00 on a 300 gig external hard drive -- go to BitTorrent and download them all for free. You can get all seven seasons of TNG -- free. You can get Voyager, DS9 etc Then you buy some blank DVD R and burn them. http://tp.searching.com/torrents-search.php?search=doctor&cat=0&hidedead=on&sort=id&d=desc&incall=1

Then once burned you can play them on your DVD player. This goes for movies, games etc.