Ok, I've had it with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I've had it with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Finch Platte
05-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Until they lose the singer, anyhow. :sleep: God, he sucks. I've said it before, and I'll say it a million times if I have to. He SUCKS.

Did they pick him because of his looks? "Hey, this guy has nice hair, who cares if he can sing or not."

Amazing. :yikes:

This 2 disc set I bought new is for sale. http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7466/coverart6gz.jpg$10 and it's yours. Just get it out of here.

This live Tower Of Power, on the other hand... :ihih: And most of it's recorded in my hometown. Funky! Tight! And a singer that can sing! What a concept. http://www.djangomusic.com/images/cover200/DRD500/D559/D55900UYOMG.jpg

Love,

fp

:prrr:

superpanavision70mm
05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh come on ...The Chili Peppers are great at ripping off riffs from Jimi Hendrix and making millions of dollars of it.

ForeverAutumn
05-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Is it really that bad?

It's funny, my Hubby and I were talking about Kiedis's voice at dinner tonight. He just finished reading Kiedis's book, Scar Tissue. One of the things that Kiedis says in his book is that he hated performing the song Under The Bridge, because he actually had to sing, and he never considered himself a singer.

Bernd
05-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Just bumped into a couple of their Fans. Something's gone wrong me thinks.:ihih:

Peace

Bernd:16:

superpanavision70mm
05-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Bernd,....who in the heck are those guys in the picture?

Bernd
05-15-2006, 08:18 AM
They are Red Hot Chili Pepper fans:)

No seriously they are Dresie and Casie the so called Ballen Twins from the Transvaal in South Africa. The product of the failed white south african apartheid eugenics programm.:incazzato:

Peace

Bernd:16:

superpanavision70mm
05-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Um ok. Well the one guys picture is the avatar for a member on this site....2mblas.

Stone
05-15-2006, 09:05 AM
What took you so long?

Mr Peabody
05-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Aside from the bad singing what is the album like? I couldn't stand 2 discs of trying to re-make Under the Bridge. I heard the single, Danny California, a couple times. It didn't knock me over but the song seems to have a smoking lead guitar solo like I can't remember them ever doing before. What drew me to the RHCP's in the first place was the funky bass styling which don't get shown off much anymore.

Finch Platte
05-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Aside from the bad singing what is the album like? I couldn't stand 2 discs of trying to re-make Under the Bridge. I heard the single, Danny California, a couple times. It didn't knock me over but the song seems to have a smoking lead guitar solo like I can't remember them ever doing before. What drew me to the RHCP's in the first place was the funky bass styling which don't get shown off much anymore.

You people are so serious in here! That was kind of a joke, a play on my Dream Theater post. Oh, well. :(

Here's what I think of it: I wasn't going out of my way to look for this, but Best Buy had it for $12, so I thought what the hell, I can always sell it for close to what I paid.

I've listened to it a couple of times, and I'm disappointed in their "progress" from their last disc. On the contrary, it seems as though they are shooting for the caveman audience. Basic, sing-songy rhymes permeate the 2 disc set. The guitarist seems like the only person who's allowed to stretch his legs (and John does come up with some killer solos and tones). Oh, sure, Flea gets to funk it up a bit, but it's not enough to save the project.

As a drummer, I listen closely to Chad, and he's phoning in his performance, imo. No new fills and no energy, just blah. Seems as if the band told him to lay back and let the songs speak, but they ain't sayin' much. He wipes out on a fill in one song (gotta find it again- can't believe they let it stay), but manages to keep in time so it's not too obvious. :rolleyes5:

It should be noted here that I've been a fan since their first disc, and I really root for them when they have a new release, but it's getting old.

*sigh* Oh, well. :17:

fp

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2006, 07:20 PM
You people are so serious in here! That was kind of a joke, a play on my Dream Theater post. Oh, well. :( rd

Oh, I get it. :rolleyes:

Finch Platte
05-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh, I get it. :rolleyes:

"Oh, somebody step on a duck?"

:ihih:

fp

-Jar-
05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
I had it with them after MOTHER'S MILK.

Tooo 'mersh for ol' Jar.