Help please. Pioneer SX-251R has no tuner audio. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Pioneer SX-251R has no tuner audio.

Fabric8r
05-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Hello folks,

I hooked up a Pioneer SX-251R receiver and everything works fine, CD, Tape 1, have my Ipod into the VCR audio input. Everything works great including the remote control EXCEPT the Tuner has no sound. The local stations are scaned, and locked in, even several AM stations are found. No audio sound at all. What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help!

-Kev

Resident Loser
05-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Hello folks,

I hooked up a Pioneer SX-251R receiver and everything works fine, CD, Tape 1, have my Ipod into the VCR audio input. Everything works great including the remote control EXCEPT the Tuner has no sound. The local stations are scaned, and locked in, even several AM stations are found. No audio sound at all. What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help!

-Kev

...an interstation muting switch? Signal strength meter or indicator?

jimHJJ(...that's all I got...)

Fabric8r
05-23-2006, 10:32 AM
...an interstation muting switch? Signal strength meter or indicator?

jimHJJ(...that's all I got...)

No, can't see either. When changing to preset, known stations, there is a pop, but no sound.

Anybody have any ideas? Is the receiver toast? everything else works fine.:confused5:

Resident Loser
05-24-2006, 07:31 AM
No, can't see either. When changing to preset, known stations, there is a pop, but no sound.

Anybody have any ideas? Is the receiver toast? everything else works fine.:confused5:

...but is your antenna OK?

jimHJJ(...stranger things have happened...)

Fabric8r
05-25-2006, 10:53 AM
...but is your antenna OK?

jimHJJ(...stranger things have happened...)

I assume so. I just pulled it off of my older receiver and put it on this one. Should be able to pull in the stations just like my other Pioneer receiver, right? This 251R scans and finds our local stations, and locks on to them. Just no sound. There is a pop sound when you push the station's memory button, but no sound.

Does this receiver take a different antenna? The one used is a (what looks like speaker wire) in a T shape with a center thingy for attaching it to the back of the entertainment center.

Resident Loser
05-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I assume so. I just pulled it off of my older receiver and put it on this one. Should be able to pull in the stations just like my other Pioneer receiver, right? This 251R scans and finds our local stations, and locks on to them. Just no sound. There is a pop sound when you push the station's memory button, but no sound.

Does this receiver take a different antenna? The one used is a (what looks like speaker wire) in a T shape with a center thingy for attaching it to the back of the entertainment center.

...the next logical step is to reconnect it to your old gear (if that's possible) and see, rather listen to, what happens...if that works, and there are no other muting switches or other user-adjustable options, the only logical answer is there is a problem with your new unit's radio section or the source switching matrix that should be addressed by a competent service provider...

jimHJJ(...really not much else to do...)