Mixing Klipsch Cinema 6, 8 Satellites? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Klipsch Cinema 6, 8 Satellites?

Defshep
05-12-2006, 03:13 AM
I got three open-box Klipsch speakers-two rsx-3 sats and an rcx-3 center, from the Cinema 6 system- at a great price. I also noticed the dealer also had a couple of rsx-4 sats from the Cinema 8. I'm thinking about picking these up as well to round out my home theater system. Will these mesh well? It seems like the mix, with the rsx-4s in the front, rcx 3 as the center, would sound fine. Any suggestions? The whole group, two rsx-4s, two rsx-3s, and two rcx-3s, will run around $450, warranty included. Whaddya think?

audio_dude
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
hmm...as long as you get a sub, it sound like a great system!

Defshep
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks, a_d! I checked another location (the guy owns two stores in two cities-one where I work, and one where I live). Turned out there was a set of four Cinema 6 rsx-3 sats w/o a center. Apparently they had to bust open a set to replace a customer's faulty center speaker, so I got a deal on 'em. And they're black! It really worked out well, 'cause I was gonna have two silver rsx-4s and the rest were black rsx, rcx-3s. A set of three from one store for $230, a set of four from the other for $330! A Klipsch Reference Cinema 6 with two extra speakers for less than $600! Budget Man strikes again!
As far as the sub goes, I'll be using the Yamaha yst-sw215 that I'm using with my Sonys in a 7.1 setup. Will I need a bigger sub eventually? My Sony towers seemed to work fine with it, not sure abour the smaller Klipsch speakers, though.
Do you think I'll notice a considerable improvement in the sound? I'm pretty excited, feeling like I've made a pretty good investment this time.

L.J.
05-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Congrats Def,

Sounds like you gotta great deal.

Defshep
05-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks, L.J. I think you used to own pretty much the same Sony speakers I'm replacing. Can't wait to check out "Master and Commander" with these Klipsch babies!

L.J.
05-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks, L.J. I think you used to own pretty much the same Sony speakers I'm replacing. Can't wait to check out "Master and Commander" with these Klipsch babies!

LOL.....I still got some in my closet and garage collecting dust. I sold the rest off to build up money for my Energy system. I plan on selling the rest to get into some more DIY. Upgrading my speakers made such a HUGE diff. Let us know what you think once your all calibrated. :cornut: