Ok, I've had it with Dream Theater. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I've had it with Dream Theater.

Finch Platte
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Until they lose the singer, anyhow. :sleep: God, he sucks. I've said it before, and I'll say it a million times if I have to. He SUCKS.

Did they pick him because of his looks? "Hey, this guy has nice hair, who cares if he can sing or not."

Amazing. :yikes:

This 2 disc set I bought used is for sale. http://www.djangomusic.com/images/cover200/DRf000/f084/f084634ova5.jpg$10 and it's yours. Just get it out of here.

This live Tower Of Power, on the other hand... :ihih: And most of it's recorded in my hometown. Funky! Tight! And a singer that can sing! What a concept. http://www.djangomusic.com/images/cover200/DRD500/D559/D55900UYOMG.jpg

Love,

fp

3-LockBox
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Better check that signature of yours again ;)

I really do think he's reigned in his vocals on their latter stuff, but jeez, this is prog we're talking about...if vocals bothered me that much, I wouldn't listen to prog.

I can't listen to much of the older stuff though, cuz he (Labrie) was way over-the-top for me.

Finch Platte
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Better check that signature of yours again ;)

I really do think he's reigned in his vocals on their latter stuff, but jeez, this is prog we're talking about...if vocals bothered me that much, I wouldn't listen to prog.

I can't listen to much of the older stuff though, cuz he (Labrie) was way over-the-top for me.

I have to whine- people expect it of me! :ciappa:

And the problem I have is that he's not over the top enough! He's focking boring! Boring!!

Dusty Chalk
05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Dude, Canvas Solaris. Instrumental, hard, proggy. Metal. Dig.

3-LockBox
05-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Dude, Canvas Solaris. Instrumental, hard, proggy. Metal. Dig.

Ever listen to Devin Townsend?

superpanavision70mm
05-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Just like Prog-rock in general...it's an acquired taste that not all prefer. His vocals are something that it took me a few listens to really get used to...his solo album is actually quite good. I think that his vocals are a great match for the band and he is certainly better than their original singer from back in the late 80's/early 90's.

kexodusc
05-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Oh how original, another LaBrie post. :) Suppose it's been a few months since the last rant.

Most of the DT fans I know think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...I get the feeling that they're maybe misinterpreting their love of the band with their fondness for its singer...I dunno what it is...love or hate him, at this point, a dozen releases in, when they're touring selling out shows with a cult-like following, it's far too late to carry on this tired old debate.
I like him, don't think he's anywhere close to the greatest ever, but he's much better than the typical British style vocalist far too many prog bands emulate.
Whatever.

ForeverAutumn
05-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Oh please...this rant is coming from a drummer? If you could do any better you wouldn't have to hide in the back.

:p

MasterCylinder
05-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Finch -- you don't need to tell us you are not much of a DT fan.

I mean, you just now bought a 2CD release from 2002.

Finch Platte
05-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Oh please...this rant is coming from a drummer? If you could do any better you wouldn't have to hide in the back.

:p

...ol' Portnoy was right up front. Put Labrie in back, dammit! Hide his mic, too, while yer at it.

You still haven't gotten the discs I sent???

elf pee

Stone
05-12-2006, 07:18 AM
What took you so long?

ForeverAutumn
05-12-2006, 07:28 AM
You still haven't gotten the discs I sent???

Yes, sorry, I did get the disks. They arrived the afternoon of the morning that I told you that I hadn't rec'd them yet. I haven't had a chance to spin any of them yet, however. I've been to busy listening to all of my James LaBrie collection.

Dusty Chalk
05-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Ever listen to Devin Townsend?Heck yeah. I love Devin, even his singing/screaming.

DarrenH
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm listening to Images And Words as we speak. Early DT yes, but a classic.

ForeverAutumn
05-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm listening to Images And Words as we speak. Early DT yes, but a classic.

Hey Darren, great to see you around here! Where ya been hidin'?

DarrenH
05-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey Darren, great to see you around here! Where ya been hidin'?

The other place. You know where it's at.

jrhymeammo
05-18-2006, 07:27 AM
That dude from DT can play better than Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson.........bad joke. My motto has always been "I dont hate, I just dont like it" but listening to them makes it hard for me sometimes. Not as bad as this group called Liquid Tension Experiement though. If you love DT and never heard of LTE, go pick it up, you will love it.