Hooray, yet another new member. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hooray, yet another new member.

digitalmind
05-11-2006, 05:15 AM
Well, just signed up. Wanted to do a search, but then the forum told me to go introduce myself, that was a nice trick. :)

Anyways, my first post might just as well be my first misplaced post, as I can't find the Introductions forum that it tells me to post in. Either I'm going blind (which I don't hope), or the message is doing so.

So. Who am I, and what am I doing here? I came here through Head-Fi, after getting slightly bored of headphones and getting more and more interested in speakers. So much for my wallet, ouch. I'll listen to anything from rock to electronic music, except for R&B/hip hop. Mainly interested in electronic music, but slowly turning to rock aswell.

I guess that's all I have to say -- atleast now I can use the darn search engine. :D

Great forum, will stick around!

Rik

edit: On second thoughts, the search still doesn't work. Is there a minimum required post count for it, or?

bobsticks
05-11-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm sure you will enjoy your new home. You'll find the sight to be populated by a host of knowledgable folks willing to share their experiences. Most of the time we're fairly civil as well. As for the search engine, give it a few minutes. My experience was that it took a good minute or ten for the system to register and recognize.
Enjoy your time here...

Cheers and good listening

Florian
05-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Welcome to this Nuthouse :ihih:

topspeed
05-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Welcome to AR! Lurk, contribute, have fun!

JohnMichael
05-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Welcome to AR. I think Florian said it best.

Resident Loser
05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
...welcome...now don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

You'll find the sight to be populated by a host of knowledgable folks willing to share their experiences....r-i-i-i-ght...

Substitute somewhere in there highly opinionated and add anecdotal and it might come closer to the truth...just watch closely for a while and you'll see what I mean...it will take that while to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff...

jimHJJ(...but it can be quite entertaining at times...)

digitalmind
05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Seems like one crazy bunch here, I feel at home allready. :D

I figured out why the search function hates me, I'm searching for the Kef IQ5, both terms 3 letters short, and so the search ignores them. Die, you silly function!

JoeE SP9
05-11-2006, 04:34 PM
We're all Bozo's on this bus!:cool:

ForeverAutumn
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
the forum told me to go introduce myself. :)

Great forum, will stick around!

Rik

I guess there are worse things that the forum could have told you to do! :)

Hey Rik, welcome. AR is a great place to hang about. Lots of friendly people here and lots of great forums on all sorts of topics. Make yourself comfortable, you may be here a while. Enjoy!

dean_martin
05-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Welcome!

This is a great place, but you'll find that at times things here can take forever to load. I haven't used the search feature in a while but if memory serves you get much faster results by limiting your search to a particular area or forum rather than searching the whole site.

GMichael
05-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Welcome to our nightmare. I'm sure you're gonna like it. I'm sure you're gonna feel right at home.