Toonsday Squares! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Toonsday Squares!

BradH
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
What's in your ear? Blues? Indie stuff? Balinesian Retro Bluegrass Christian Metal?

More hippy dope music for me...

Dusty Chalk
05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Sweet -- looks like some good stuff in there.

Me -- I been living the new Tool album. Love it. Lot more diverse than the last one, contender for album of the year (right now tied with the new Katatonia for first place).

Also some Hash Jar Tempo and Bardo Pond -- definitely digging this stuff. Slint's up next at some point.

Also, the new Stephen Merritt (Showtunes). Some silly stuff on there, but catchy as ... well, as a showtune.

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
This week I've been getting better aquainted with some of my newer purchases...

Jeff Martin - Exile and the Kingdom
Sam Roberts - Chemical City
David Gilmour - On An Island

I'm still living and loving...

Dogs Die in Hot Cars - Please Describe Yourself - I'm surprised that there aren't more people talking about this album around here. Fans of The Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park should hear this album.

And I listened to some oldies that I haven't spun in a long, long time...

Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet and The Ghosts That Haunt Me - I love both of these albums. Gave them three spins each this week and loved every minute of it.

3-LockBox
05-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Been listen to a bunch of albums this week on my MP3 player. Whole albums...in shuffle mode...ripped from CD mostly, though a few are downloads...with volume level matching done by Goldwave v5

Police - Ghosts In The Machine//Outlandos D'Amour
Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending
Hot Hot Heat - Make Up The Breakdown
Crowded House - eponimous
XTC - Apple Venus vol 2//Nonsuch
World Party - Egyptology
Persuit Of Happiness - Love Junk
David & David - Boomtown
Kevin Gilbert - thud
John Mellecamp - My Happy Go Lucky
Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen
ELO - Zoom
Beatles - Let It Be (naked)
Don Henly - Building The Perfect Beast
Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
Neil Young - Sleeps With Angels
OSI - Free
Echolyn - The End Is Beautiful
Kino - Picture
Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horse
RPWL - World Through My Eyes
Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel disc 1& 2
Led Zepplin - box set disc 4
Gerry Rafferty - City To City
Bruce Springsteen - Wild Innocent & E st Shuffle
Brand X - Unorthadox Behavior
Dixie Dregs - What If
Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water

3-LockBox
05-09-2006, 07:38 PM
What's in your ear? Blues? Indie stuff? Balinesian Retro Bluegrass Christian Metal?

More hippy dope music for me...

I think I need to hear some more Brand X...I also like the Caravan:In The Land Of Grey & Pink (is that the remaster?)

Jim Clark
05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, it's still Tuesday so I'll post before I drift off. Just got the brand new Paul Simon (with Eno), and am the proud owner of the latest Snow Patrol CD. The family was headed off to BB as I was off to work so I gave them my list. Still in shrink wrap but I have high expectations for both.

Listened to the same stuff the past few weeks. Been so dang busy with life that I haven't done a ton of listening. Hopefully this week will be better.

jc

BradH
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I think I need to hear some more Brand X...I also like the Caravan:In The Land Of Grey & Pink (is that the remaster?)

Yeah, that's the remaster.

That Brand X - Communication is more hard rocking and more avant garde than their previous work. Maybe a little more King Crimson and less Return To Forever. I think it's from 1992 if memory services me. I still say Do They Hurt? is their masterpiece but most people seem to favor Product.

MindGoneHaywire
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Dave Brubeck Quartet--Time Further Out
Beatles--Capitol Albums Vols. 1 & 2
Arctic Monkeys
John Coltrane--Coltrane's Sound, the double live CD from a few months ago, can't remember the title? One Up One Down? Something like that, not the Monk disc which I don't like nearly as much...and also Coltrane Plays The Blues
Dylan--Another Side Of Bob Dylan...and Hard Rain, uh, feh.
Roxy Music--Avalon, which I pulled out prior to Snowbunny's thread....now that's one romantic f*ckin' rec, there...

But, as Swish knows (and I've got to hit that Snow Patrol...), I've spent quite a bit less time listening to music since Howard Stern moved to Sirius. I nominate the past few weeks of his show as the absolute funniest & most entertaining...ANYTHING...ever. Period.

Five hour shows five days a week plus a one-hour wrap-up program. I've never been so content in spending so little time, relatively speaking, listening to music. If you're not a fan, none of this will matter. If you are, and you haven't gotten it, you're missing out, BIG time.