Cool. Free music from a Mutual Fund Company [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cool. Free music from a Mutual Fund Company

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2006, 08:47 AM
One of our business partners is Fidelity Investments. A few months ago they launched an ad campaign starring Paul McCartney. I don't know whether these ads ran just in Canada or in other parts of the world. Anyway, I just recieved a free Best of Paul McCartney compilation from them.

1. Another Day
2. Jet
3. Let 'Em In
4. With a Little Luck
5. Live and Let Die
6. Listen to What the Man Said
7. My Love
8. Take It Away
9. No More Lonely Nights
10. Silly Little Love Songs
11. Put It There
12. Once Upon A Long Ago
13. The World Tonight
14. Bluebird
15. Calico Skies

What? No Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey?! Oh well, since I don't have any McCartney in my collection, this is a pretty cool disk to get for free. :thumbsup:

Troy
05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
No Ebony and Ivory either. Tragic.

Does it have special corporate packaging as well? With old vinyl, stuff like this released wrapped in corporate advertising is usually the most collectible.

Davey
05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I never liked most of those hit songs as much as some of the album tracks. Can't believe they put out a sampler without maybe his most beloved (and best) song, "Maybe I'm Amazed". One of his few tunes that I think could really fit well on a Beatles album. But I guess it was never a single. In fact, I don't think there's anything from that first album, is there? No "Junk" or "That Would Be Something" or "Every Night".

kexodusc
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Pfff, this is just another blatant abuse of soft dollar expenses charged to the unsuspecting investor...
Meh, whatever keeps my paycheck comin'...