Mirage omni 60 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mirage omni 60

cam
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I currently have Paradigm Monitor 7's for mains CC370 for center and ADP 370's for side surrounds. I have a Denon 1804 which is a 6.1 receiver. In the past I tried another CC370 to use as a single center rear but I did not care at all for the sound. I traded them back for a pair of Mini Monitors and I ran them in series which sounded better then the single CC370 but still not to my liking. I kind of wished that after wiring up the 2 Mini Monitors in series and not really liking the sound that I should have wired just one Mini up to see how that sounded.

I was looking at the Mirage line up and thought that maybe something like the Omni 60 with its ability to disperse sound out at a wider angle would be what I should be looking at. Or any other one of Mirages other omnistat models with this unique design. Or maybe I should just try to source out one Mini Monitor. I should have just tried one Mini at the time I had both of them and not run the pair wired in series. Oh well.

I can't talk to my dealer today because they are closed on Sundays. Does anyone know if selling a single Mini Monitor can be done or should I try one of the Mirages offerings which I do believe can be bought in singles.

audio_dude
05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
well a center channel should not be used as anything but that, a center channel, I would try using another ADP370 if you can, or something comparable, the mini monitor should work fine by itself, but don't use them in series, cause that creates a 4 ohm load on your receiver (unless the mini's are rated at 6 ohms, then it would be 3 ohm in series.)

cam
05-08-2006, 06:50 AM
well a center channel should not be used as anything but that, a center channel, I would try using another ADP370 if you can, or something comparable, the mini monitor should work fine by itself, but don't use them in series, cause that creates a 4 ohm load on your receiver (unless the mini's are rated at 6 ohms, then it would be 3 ohm in series.)
When I did try the Mini Monitors I ran them in series which makes a pair of 8 ohm speakers now 16 ohms. My Denon only has one power channel out to the center rear so running them in parallel is not an option which would have created a 4 ohm load like you stated. The ADP won't work either being a di-pole. No matter how I mount it at the center rear, one side will be in phase and the other side will be out of phase. I would need another pair of ADP's and a 7.1 receiver. The design of some of those Mirage speakers do look appealing to me as a stand alone center rear speaker in a 6.1 HT set up.