Isolation Bang [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Isolation Bang

Bernd
05-07-2006, 08:55 AM
What caliber is best?

www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/bulletspikes_e.

Peace

Bernd:16:

JohnMichael
05-07-2006, 09:57 AM
What caliber is best?

www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/bulletspikes_e.

Peace

Bernd:16:

Would it sound better with rubber bullets? All those empty shells discarded at the rifle range and I could have been reusing them. In the NRA gun safety course they never mentioned alternative uses for spent brass.

E-Stat
05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
In the NRA gun safety course they never mentioned alternative uses for spent brass.
Sure they do. It's called "reloading". :)

rw

Feanor
05-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Sure they do. It's called "reloading". :)

rw

Brass is reusable; bullets not so much!! :nonod:

PRJackson
05-10-2006, 07:50 AM
You know, I started down this road once, but instead I used arrow heads ("target points") from an on-line archery supply place. They cost as little as $2.50 a dozen, and you don't have to spend time cutting and gluing stuff. Plus, they are threaded, so if you drill your hole tight enough, you can screw them in and out to level things. And they look good.

jrhymeammo
06-03-2006, 09:05 AM
You know, I started down this road once, but instead I used arrow heads ("target points") from an on-line archery supply place. They cost as little as $2.50 a dozen, and you don't have to spend time cutting and gluing stuff. Plus, they are threaded, so if you drill your hole tight enough, you can screw them in and out to level things. And they look good.

That sounds pretty cool. Can I see a link to that?

emack27
06-03-2006, 10:46 AM
dude my speakers weigh about 60lbs. a piece. I don't think arrowheads will work.

PRJackson
06-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, my sub weighs that much at least, and the points work great to lift it off the rug just a bit and anchor it to the floorboards. Here how I used them with my speaker stands:

http://members.tripod.com/omordicai/hifi/speakerStd.html

If you meant a link to where to buy them, just google Archery Supplies and look for Target Points.