Electric projector screens: $400 to $4,000 ... Help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Electric projector screens: $400 to $4,000 ... Help!

Tahoe Gator
05-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Planning to put a projector screen recessed in my ceiling. Drywall is not up yet, so I have plenty of flexibility size, style, etc.

However, a bit of research reveals electric screens from under $400 to over $4,000. I cannot trust the sharks at the local HT retailers for advice, so I am hoping someone can help save me from getting a dud also from spending more than I need. I don't need the best in the world, just one that provides a quality picture, etc.

Thanks for any tips or advice.

HAVIC
05-08-2006, 11:01 AM
From what I understand, the problem with screens that roll up and down is that the materal will not stay taught. So when watching a movie the screen material will have waves in it. Maybe that is why some are $4000 and some are $400. I'm sure that the cheaper ones will have these problems. Most people are getting the screens that are hung on the wall like a picture frame because the screen material is stretched tight against the frame, eliminating a wavy screen. HTH