Muddy Water [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Muddy Water

Bill K Davis
05-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Why are certain albums , like Electric Mud, not rereleased on regular or audiophile vinyl? It is ridiculous to pay $40+ for a used copy on ebay, where prices are as low as you can get. Aren't the record people paying attention?

Bernd
05-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi Bill,
I agree with you. I have invested recently in "The best of Muddy Waters", a Speakers Corner release. This is a first time issue comprised of various 45rpm releases by Muddy Waters and the stable of Chess house musicians.
It's a bargain with a capital "B".

Keep it turning

Bernd:16:

daviethek
05-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Why are certain albums , like Electric Mud, not rereleased on regular or audiophile vinyl? It is ridiculous to pay $40+ for a used copy on ebay, where prices are as low as you can get. Aren't the record people paying attention?

Respectfully, have you checked in with Jazz Record Mart in Chicago. I,m sure they have an internet link as well. They have extensive vinyl blues and Jazz and they are probably the single best resource guys for Chicago Blues. I spoke with these guys at a blues festival last summer. Impressive. dk

Bill K Davis
05-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I checked, and they have cds, but no trace of a vinyl "Electric Mud". This album is currently on ebay,used, at $45.

daviethek
05-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I checked, and they have cds, but no trace of a vinyl "Electric Mud". This album is currently on ebay,used, at $45.

You've got me wondering about this one. Its one of my favorite CD's but I can't imagine the Vinyl version sounding significantly better due to the vintage small studio engineering. Am I wrong?. If so, I'm going to be looking for it myself.

Bill K Davis
05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I have the cd, but am just in the vinyl corner. I can't compare to the record cause I don't have it. But my memory says the record is better. Why not audiophile this record, since so many people got the hots for it. My cd player is a Toshiba dvd player which is supposed to have good cd playback, but not audiophile quality.