OSI:Free // upon further review... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OSI:Free // upon further review...

3-LockBox
05-06-2006, 12:27 AM
I was disappointed that this new CD was so radically different than the debut CD, but this one really is growing on me. This CD sounds great on a big system and superb on a good car system.

I don't think its better than the first one though...in fact, its kinda an apples to oranges comparison twix the two. Two very different approaches altogether. I'd still like to see them explore further the direction of the first CD again. But Free is off the beaten path enough to keep my interest piqued. Still sounds like a one man project rather than a prog metal band effort. Industrial soundscapes in the electronica vein, rather than metal.

BarryL
05-06-2006, 05:07 PM
I hear that the European release has a bonus CD with some extra tracks, so I think I'm going to hold off until I can get that one. Sounds like there is no need to rush out and pick this one up.

Anyone heard the White album yet?

3-LockBox
05-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Anyone heard the White album yet?

Its my favorite Beatles album, actually....

:lol:

Troy
05-07-2006, 01:37 PM
That's the one with the classic "Me and My Monkey", right?

3-LockBox
05-07-2006, 02:11 PM
That's the one with the classic "Me and My Monkey", right?

Its "Everbody's Got Something To Hide, (except for me and my monkey)"

I think its also the first Beatles album to feature guest artists, like Eric Clapton on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and Yoko Ono on "Revolution No. 9" and "Bungalow Bill".

Troy
05-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Its "Everbody's Got Something To Hide, (except for me and my monkey)"

Stickler.

NP- "Blue Light"- Zappa
"Your Ethos, your Pathos, your Porthos, your Aramis, your Brute cologne . . ."