What about HDTV? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What about HDTV?

Keith from Canada
11-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Seems to me that adding a few boards for HDTV discussions might be a good idea. I would recommend one for HD programming and another on HD hardware.

Just a thought!

Chris
11-20-2003, 08:32 AM
If we find that there are enough people discussing HDTV, we'll end up giving it its own forum.

logman
11-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey Keith,

My Warner cable here in houston just added two new HD channels, INHD1 and INHD2. They are really nice. sort of a blend of the PBS traveloges and Discovery HD documenteries. plus they Have some concerts and a 1/2 hour movie trailer show. so now we have:

INHD1
INHD2
Discovery HT
PBS-HD
Fox
CBS
NBC
ABC
HBO-E
HBO-W
Showtime-E
Showtime-W

and they are gonna add an HD PPV. No word on ESPN-HD yet, "still in negotiations".

I also swapped out my two piece Digital cable box and HD converter for the Motorola DCT5100 all in one unit. it is great. It allows you to view your SD signal through the component cables so you don't have to switch inputs on the TV. You can use the guide function on HD and it switches channels much faster. It also shows you the audio you are outputting, normal, digital stereo, Dolby digital and dolby digital 5.1

The only problems I now have is that the audio on the ABC feed is out of sync. And from what I've been reading this is a pretty common problem with ABC-HD that originate at the national level. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Later
logman