Tool's New Album 10000 Days [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tool's New Album 10000 Days

3db
05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Just picked up the new album today and I heard the 1st two songs and so far so good. Typical Tool filled with all their muscality and sonic emphasis

Duds
05-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Glad you like it so far. My faves are Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, 10,000 Days, Right In Two, The Pot.

Going to see them on 5/19, cant freakin wait!

Just picked up the new album today and I heard the 1st two songs and so far so good. Typical Tool filled with all their muscality and sonic emphasis

kexodusc
05-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I like this one much more than Lateralus (which wasn't bad). Stronger melodies and less screaming for the sake of screaming. A more mature Tool, I guess.

The artwork, once again, is something else!

Duds
05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Less screaming? do you have a different Lateralus than I do?

I like this one much more than Lateralus (which wasn't bad). Stronger melodies and less screaming for the sake of screaming. A more mature Tool, I guess.

3db
05-04-2006, 09:43 AM

He's a such a good screamer too!!

Now thats an album that one should get on vinyl for the artwork alone

kexodusc
05-04-2006, 09:59 AM

Oh don't get me wrong, I like a good scream too...but it just seem (to me) to be better executed in 10000 Days. Hard to explain, I really liked Lateralus too, it just sounds more like music to me this time around, and less like "okay I'm going to scream at this part".

I think Tool has provided another example of what happens when the labels give a band time to tour, reflect, write, and scrutinize their works in preparation for a new album. The 18 month turnover rate just doesn't cut it for most artists. These guys haven't put out a disappointing release yet.

Dusty Chalk
05-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Listening to it for the first time -- medigs.

3db
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I like a good scream too...but it just seem (to me) to be better executed in 10000 Days. Hard to explain, I really liked Lateralus too, it just sounds more like music to me this time around, and less like "okay I'm going to scream at this part".

I think Tool has provided another example of what happens when the labels give a band time to tour, reflect, write, and scrutinize their works in preparation for a new album. The 18 month turnover rate just doesn't cut it for most artists. These guys haven't put out a disappointing release yet.

Although there sound is always the same and unmistakenly Tool's;, I've yet to come across an album of theirs that I didn't like. Its just great music and so refresshing from the regular stuff

3-LockBox
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Screamers and moaners will always have a place in rock-n-roll...:ihih:

Then again, these guys have always had killer CD artwork.

Duds
05-05-2006, 03:56 AM
I agree, its great music, but i dont think ALL of their stuff sounds the same. I would agree that this album sounds a lot like Lateralus, but i think Aenima sounds different, and Undertow and Opiate definitely have a different sound to them.

But like you said, its great music, and I've yet to be dissapointed by them

Although there sound is always the same and unmistakenly Tool's;, I've yet to come across an album of theirs that I didn't like. Its just great music and so refresshing from the regular stuff

newtrix1
05-09-2006, 04:15 AM

One of the most entertaining cd jackets I've ever seen! The cover art alone is worth the $9.99 I paid at CC.