Kentucky Derby [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby

Duds
05-04-2006, 06:08 AM
So, anyone placing any bets? Who do you like?

Right now I like a Barbaro/Steppenwolfer exacta

MasterCylinder
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
LAWYER RON.........yet unbeaten in Arkansas........and the last few years, the winner of the Arkansas Derby has won, or been a threat, at the Kentucky. My biggest concern is the track condition -- I think it is in the forecast to be raining during the race.

And YES, I have already purchased a new bottle of Knob Creek to make the perfect mint julip for the race.

Duds
05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the tip! So if the track is wet, you wouldn't bet on Lawyer Ron?

LAWYER RON.........yet unbeaten in Arkansas........and the last few years, the winner of the Arkansas Derby has won, or been a threat, at the Kentucky. My biggest concern is the track condition -- I think it is in the forecast to be raining during the race.

And YES, I have already purchased a new bottle of Knob Creek to make the perfect mint julip for the race.

MasterCylinder
05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll wager some amount on LAWYER RON regardless -- the only question being track condition versus how much I want to put down...........the better the track, the more I'll bet.

The opening odds are at 4 to 1.

McKee is a very young jockey (24) that has never been to the big show -- I'm thinking he is too young to know how to get nervous.

However, on a wet track, his "rookieness" will be too obvious for me.