Movie Fight Night Round Three Super Hero Division! Batrman Vs. Daredevel! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Movie Fight Night Round Three Super Hero Division! Batrman Vs. Daredevel!

Worf101
05-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen ... Tonight for your entertainment we've 15 Rounds of Boxing in Middle Weight Superhero Division for the "Tortured Crimefighter Champeenship of Da World".

In da Blue coner the Challenger. He hails from Hell's Kitchen in New York City. He's blind as a bat (no pun intended) but don't let that fool ya. After hearing his dad beaten to death by gangster's after he failed to take a dive, this young man eventually grew up to become the scourge of Manhattens underworld. With is radiation enhanced super radar hearing, cat like reflexes and ninja training he can dode bullets with the best of em. Wearing the tightey tight red leather bondage suit I give you "Da Man Without Fear" Daredevil.

In the Red Corner to my right we've a man known to all far and wide. Traumatized after seeing his parent gunned down in a place called "Crime Alle" (go fig) our hero devoted his entire life to defeating the criminal underclass sans the use of firearms. Don't confuse him with the guy in the Blue Pajamas though, the guy will muss you up. Though he has NO superpowers he possesses more gadgets than a mid 60's spy convention and a never ending utility belt. After finally laying to rest rumors as to the true nature of his relationship with Dick Grayson, he's now ready to defend his title. Ladies and Gentle man I give you The Dark Knight, The Caped Crusader The One The Only Baaaaaat Man!!!!

Okay fellahs... fight clean, if you can, no billy clubs no gadgets. Protect yourself at all times touch em up and Let's Get to Scrappin'!!!

noddin0ff
05-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Well, since the Dark Night took down Superman... Da Dark One in 3 rounds (but he may have to fight dirty.)

kexodusc
05-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Let's be honest here - the effeminate Robin could kick Daredevil's ass.

This is a classic mismatch of epic proportions...good hearing and fast reflexes are fine and dandy in a bar fight, but not much good against the most technologically advanced arensal of super-cool weaponry available...not to mentiont that dark, malevolent mean streak Batman has...

The cerebral-surgeon that Batman is, I suspect he'd take Daredevil out of the fight before he even knew he was in it...and while we're on the subject, now that Batman is a Shaolin super-ninja (thanks Batman Begins :rolleyes:), I'm sure he could hold his own in a primitive steel cage match.

Kam
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
not even close..... batman would tear daredevil apart. sure they're both physical specimens of martial arts training, but all things being equal, the darkness in bats is waaaay more than anything in 'devil. he takes him apart like a surgeon in round 1. you cant beat that kind of fury. the only thing daredevil is gonna smell is his own fear. :)

L.J.
05-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Gotta go with the crowd. Batman is one of my favorites. Come on, we're talkin' bout a man who carries around shark repellant just to be on the safe side.

Kam
05-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Gotta go with the crowd. Batman is one of my favorites. Come on, we're talkin' bout a man who carries around shark repellant just to be on the safe side.

i think Batman: The Movie might just be the most flat out enjoyable of all the batman movies... easily the most quotable, and just so ridiculous. How can you beat this exchange:

Robin: [pointing toward the sky] That crazy missile! It wrote two more riddles before it blew up!
Batman: [reading a skywritten message] "What goes up white and comes down yellow and white?"
Robin: An egg!
Batman: [reading another skywritten message] "How do you divide seventeen apples among sixteen people?"
Robin: Make apple sauce!
Batman: [thinking out loud] Apples into applesauce - A unification into one smooth mixture. An egg - nature's perfect container. The container of all our hopes for the future.
Robin: A unification and a container of hope? United World Organization!
Batman: Precisely, Robin! And there's a special meeting of the Security Council today. If what I fear is true...
Robin: Wow! Let's commandeer a taxi!
Batman: No, Robin. Not at this time of day. Luckily, we're in tip-top condition. It'll be faster if we run. Let's go!

you tell me ANYONE else who could solve that riddle.... world's greatest detective...
:)

kexodusc
05-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Nobody believes any superhero played by Affleck could hold his own in a fight....:ciappa:

dean_martin
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
i think Batman: The Movie might just be the most flat out enjoyable of all the batman movies... easily the most quotable, and just so ridiculous. How can you beat this exchange:

Robin: [pointing toward the sky] That crazy missile! It wrote two more riddles before it blew up!
Batman: [reading a skywritten message] "What goes up white and comes down yellow and white?"
Robin: An egg!
Batman: [reading another skywritten message] "How do you divide seventeen apples among sixteen people?"
Robin: Make apple sauce!
Batman: [thinking out loud] Apples into applesauce - A unification into one smooth mixture. An egg - nature's perfect container. The container of all our hopes for the future.
Robin: A unification and a container of hope? United World Organization!
Batman: Precisely, Robin! And there's a special meeting of the Security Council today. If what I fear is true...
Robin: Wow! Let's commandeer a taxi!
Batman: No, Robin. Not at this time of day. Luckily, we're in tip-top condition. It'll be faster if we run. Let's go!

you tell me ANYONE else who could solve that riddle.... world's greatest detective...
:)

Dang, what memories! I first saw this during the old summer film series for kids when I was 7 yrs old. You bought your tickets for matinees for the whole summer before school got out. I remember seeing Jason and the Argonauts, Batman: The Movie and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger that summer. I'll have to dust off my vhs copy of Batman and hook up a vcr.

Yeah, LJ, that shark repellant scene was a hoot!

GMichael
05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I had to vote for the Bat also. I remember watching him in black & white on a 13" screen in a 42" box. You can't buy memories like that.

Kam
05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Dang, what memories! I first saw this during the old summer film series for kids when I was 7 yrs old. You bought your tickets for matinees for the whole summer before school got out. I remember seeing Jason and the Argonauts, Batman: The Movie and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger that summer. I'll have to dust off my vhs copy of Batman and hook up a vcr.

Yeah, LJ, that shark repellant scene was a hoot!

deano.... just for you.... (with sound)

http://www.bestofgooglevideo.com/video.php?video=51

i DARE anyone to find me one minute and 35 seconds of a more compelling, nail biting, edge of your seat, thrilling, heart pounding moment captured on film.... :D

and note... how great and well prepared a detective is batman? the world's greatest. he didnt JUST have shark repellant spray... he also had barracuda, whale and manta ray repellant spray... world's greatest indeed....

Worf101
05-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Ahem if you read my original premise I said "no billy clubs no gadgets. This is a straight out fight mano a mano. Batmans rage versus DD's mild superhero abilities. I think the the Daredevil of Fank Miller beats the Batman of Frank Miller. I've the books in the closet I know of whence I speak. I think DD could hold his own. Both are orphans both have trained with mythic ninja like masters. Do to his not having to depend on sight I believe Daredevil has superior reaction time and reflexes. Bat's can't hit what he can't catch. Everyone assumes it'd be a cake walk.. I do not.

Da Worfster

Kam
05-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Ahem if you read my original premise I said "no billy clubs no gadgets. This is a straight out fight mano a mano. Batmans rage versus DD's mild superhero abilities. I think the the Daredevil of Fank Miller beats the Batman of Frank Miller. I've the books in the closet I know of whence I speak. I think DD could hold his own. Both are orphans both have trained with mythic ninja like masters. Do to his not having to depend on sight I believe Daredevil has superior reaction time and reflexes. Bat's can't hit what he can't catch. Everyone assumes it'd be a cake walk.. I do not.

Da Worfster

oooo dem's (good) fightin' words. i love a good comic debate. i have the miller daredevil series as well as miller's bookends to batmans career (year one and dark knight returns). and if we can confine it to a miller universe of these two, then without anything (heck you can even blindfold batman if ya want) i still take bats over dd. what makes both these characters so interesting is what drives them and the motivation behind that drive. while they both have an a rather strict code of justice, dd's sense of what the "law" is, is always in conflict with the fact that he is technically breaking the law as DD to uphold the spirit of that law. also, he has a focus to his rage, while he may not know who the exact people are that beat up his dad, he knew the intrument of that beating, the kingpin. he always had a #1 nemesis/enemy/badguy that was spawned from his own "birth" as daredevil. batman is always dealing with the vengeance for the criminal (who in miller's universe was never caught) who killed his parents. his idea of justice is never at odds with what he does, he is far more brutal in the execution of his justice than dd is (not that dd aint brutal either, but never to the level of bats).
i think again, as physical specimens go, these two are as pushed to human levels as is possible, so the deciding factor is going to be that 'kill' instinct, which bats has FAR more than dd, or really... for nearly anyone else short of wolverine.
counselor... i await your response for matt murdock.... :)

noddin0ff
05-02-2006, 06:14 AM
No gadgets...hmmm. I'll still have to say Miller's Batman. Why? Becuase he's so damn tough that eventually DD will get tired of beating on him and slow down just enough for the Bat to shred him.

kexodusc
05-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Miller's Batman would play possum with DD, lure him into a false sense of victory, then strike at the opportune time.

Hey, we can ban gadgets all we want...Batman's not above cheating to get an edge - who said fights were fair?

dean_martin
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
deano.... just for you.... (with sound)

http://www.bestofgooglevideo.com/video.php?video=51

i DARE anyone to find me one minute and 35 seconds of a more compelling, nail biting, edge of your seat, thrilling, heart pounding moment captured on film.... :D

and note... how great and well prepared a detective is batman? the world's greatest. he didnt JUST have shark repellant spray... he also had barracuda, whale and manta ray repellant spray... world's greatest indeed....

Oooooo...that's the good stuff! Thanks, Kam. You da best.

Worf101
05-03-2006, 04:59 AM
Miller's Batman would play possum with DD, lure him into a false sense of victory, then strike at the opportune time.

Hey, we can ban gadgets all we want...Batman's not above cheating to get an edge - who said fights were fair?

Low down sneaky cheating snake in da grass. Ma!!!! Kex is cheating again!!!!

Pbbbbst. :ciappa:

Da Worfster :incazzato:

Worf101
05-03-2006, 05:12 AM
oooo dem's (good) fightin' words. i love a good comic debate. i have the miller daredevil series as well as miller's bookends to batmans career (year one and dark knight returns). and if we can confine it to a miller universe of these two, then without anything (heck you can even blindfold batman if ya want) i still take bats over dd. what makes both these characters so interesting is what drives them and the motivation behind that drive. while they both have an a rather strict code of justice, dd's sense of what the "law" is, is always in conflict with the fact that he is technically breaking the law as DD to uphold the spirit of that law. also, he has a focus to his rage, while he may not know who the exact people are that beat up his dad, he knew the intrument of that beating, the kingpin. he always had a #1 nemesis/enemy/badguy that was spawned from his own "birth" as daredevil. batman is always dealing with the vengeance for the criminal (who in miller's universe was never caught) who killed his parents. his idea of justice is never at odds with what he does, he is far more brutal in the execution of his justice than dd is (not that dd aint brutal either, but never to the level of bats).
i think again, as physical specimens go, these two are as pushed to human levels as is possible, so the deciding factor is going to be that 'kill' instinct, which bats has FAR more than dd, or really... for nearly anyone else short of wolverine.
counselor... i await your response for matt murdock.... :)

The Learned Counsel for the Caped Crusader speaks voluminously to the "motivations" of each man. Let's look at this subject a bit more closely shall we. What drives Batman to near homicidal bouts of viciousness and rage is, as opposing counsel so eloquently put it, "vengeance". Vengeance for a childhood lost, parents murdered and youthful dreams of justice destroyed. This is his mantra, this is his motivation... REVENGE. It is also his Achilles heel.

In a bout against Daredevil there is no question of revenge. Daredevil is NOT a criminal. With the masks off Bats would buy him a beer and lap dance. There is no "Edge" to be had fighting a superhero who'se had almost as effed up a childhood as yours. Without vengeance to fuel him, give him that extra edge that beserker glee the fight merely comes down to speed and skill, and in that department my man is superior. He needs no rubberized bullet proof costume with an bullseye to point where he wants to be shot. My client merely ducks and dodges bullets or smacks them away with his billy club. My client needs NO gadgets to get the job done... all he needs is his wits, his feet and his mits.

No ladies and gentlemen... shorn of his rage and the prod of vengeance, Batman goes down in 15 via split decision. I rest my case. Ball's in you court now learned Counsel.

Da "Never chit a Bullchitter" Worfster

GMichael
05-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Wow, a cold shiver just went down my spine. Ah, Worfster? Ever thought of maybe, talking to a counselor to help you with some of that anger?:idea:

noddin0ff
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
...something sucks the stale air... and HISSES.

Gliding with ancient grace... unwilling to retreat as his brothers did... Eyes gleaming, untouched by love or joy or sorrow... Breath hot with the taste of fallen foes... The stench of Dead things, Damned things... Surely the Fiercest survivor -- the Purest warrior...

Sure there's Revenge, but Batman just likes punishment. He won't go down. IF DD won by split in 15, then DD will go down in the back alley in round 16.

Kam
05-03-2006, 06:38 AM
The Learned Counsel for the Caped Crusader speaks voluminously to the "motivations" of each man. Let's look at this subject a bit more closely shall we. What drives Batman to near homicidal bouts of viciousness and rage is, as opposing counsel so eloquently put it, "vengeance". Vengeance for a childhood lost, parents murdered and youthful dreams of justice destroyed. This is his mantra, this is his motivation... REVENGE. It is also his Achilles heel.

In a bout against Daredevil there is no question of revenge. Daredevil is NOT a criminal. With the masks off Bats would buy him a beer and lap dance. There is no "Edge" to be had fighting a superhero who'se had almost as effed up a childhood as yours. Without vengeance to fuel him, give him that extra edge that beserker glee the fight merely comes down to speed and skill, and in that department my man is superior. He needs no rubberized bullet proof costume with an bullseye to point where he wants to be shot. My client merely ducks and dodges bullets or smacks them away with his billy club. My client needs NO gadgets to get the job done... all he needs is his wits, his feet and his mits.

No ladies and gentlemen... shorn of his rage and the prod of vengeance, Batman goes down in 15 via split decision. I rest my case. Ball's in you court now learned Counsel.

Da "Never chit a Bullchitter" Worfster

well said... well said... however...we're jusssst tapping into the surface of the matter here... you mischaracterized batman's achilles heel as his vengeance. IF he has one, it is the same as DD's, their demons are born from the same place, the loss of a loved taken before their very eyes. yet dd received a 'gift' of powers after his loss, and for the most part, squandered it UNTIL Stick showed him how to focus it. bruce had his demons to drive him and went out searching for more ways to learn how to focus his abilities from the get-go. [as an analogy (although we're splitting out from the miller universe now) take a look at how dd has fared against the Punisher. While the punisher isnt on the same level as either bats or dd as far as physical prowess goes, his insanity spawned form the death of his family has helped him best dd in a number of situations (yes, with the help of toys)]. but here, if bats is going in to the ring knowing he's in a fight, then there will be no drink-buying, no lapdancing, nothing but the relentless focus that drives this man beyond any others. his vengeance isnt directed at anyone, that's his key, its directed at everyone, including himself. he doesnt seek revenge against dd, he doesnt seek it against the riddler, or any other villain (other than maybe bane), his vengeance for that senseless act of violence in that back-alley is what drives him.

I think these two are equally matched physically, i dont think DD has a physical edge over bats, he DOES have a sensory edge, as there's no doubt since he has mutated/augmented senses, and THAT is where dd's weakness lies. For all his physical ability, it relies entirely on his augmented senses. Without them to focus his physical form, he's just a ragdoll. And the biggest problem here, is no one knows how to exploit an opponents weakness than bats. (c'mon now, this is the guy who figured out how to take down superman! who came back from having his BACK broken to defeat the superhuman that did it!) So bats, even without his toys, would know how to exploit dd's weakness and tear him apart. Ok... so a first round KO is a little bit of an ali-esque arrogant prediction, i'd say it'll go into the middle to late rounds, but it will be KO, and a bad one at that.

As far as bats knowing (or not) dd is another superhero, wont make a lick of a difference because of that vengeance and focussed drive within bats. he doesnt seek revenge against a particular thing, his focus consumes the world. whoever stands before him becomes the target of that focussed wrath, and when he unleashes it... well... he can kill even superman. :)

counselor... i await your rebuttal. :D

Worf101
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow, a cold shiver just went down my spine. Ah, Worfster? Ever thought of maybe, talking to a counselor to help you with some of that anger?:idea:
In my best Mr. T imitation..

Ah Pity Da Fool that messes wif me. Counselin'!!!! Counselin" Counself me on how better to kick your ass!!! My prediction for tonight... PAIN!!!!

Da Worfster :mad5:

GMichael
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM
De sa vue?

Edit: Ah....... now it's gone!

Stop toying with me.

Worf101
05-03-2006, 08:31 AM
well said... well said... however...we're jusssst tapping into the surface of the matter here... you mischaracterized batman's achilles heel as his vengeance. IF he has one, it is the same as DD's, their demons are born from the same place, the loss of a loved taken before their very eyes. yet dd received a 'gift' of powers after his loss, and for the most part, squandered it UNTIL Stick showed him how to focus it. bruce had his demons to drive him and went out searching for more ways to learn how to focus his abilities from the get-go. [as an analogy (although we're splitting out from the miller universe now) take a look at how dd has fared against the Punisher. While the punisher isnt on the same level as either bats or dd as far as physical prowess goes, his insanity spawned form the death of his family has helped him best dd in a number of situations (yes, with the help of toys)]. but here, if bats is going in to the ring knowing he's in a fight, then there will be no drink-buying, no lapdancing, nothing but the relentless focus that drives this man beyond any others. his vengeance isnt directed at anyone, that's his key, its directed at everyone, including himself. he doesnt seek revenge against dd, he doesnt seek it against the riddler, or any other villain (other than maybe bane), his vengeance for that senseless act of violence in that back-alley is what drives him.

I think these two are equally matched physically, i dont think DD has a physical edge over bats, he DOES have a sensory edge, as there's no doubt since he has mutated/augmented senses, and THAT is where dd's weakness lies. For all his physical ability, it relies entirely on his augmented senses. Without them to focus his physical form, he's just a ragdoll. And the biggest problem here, is no one knows how to exploit an opponents weakness than bats. (c'mon now, this is the guy who figured out how to take down superman! who came back from having his BACK broken to defeat the superhuman that did it!) So bats, even without his toys, would know how to exploit dd's weakness and tear him apart. Ok... so a first round KO is a little bit of an ali-esque arrogant prediction, i'd say it'll go into the middle to late rounds, but it will be KO, and a bad one at that.

As far as bats knowing (or not) dd is another superhero, wont make a lick of a difference because of that vengeance and focussed drive within bats. he doesnt seek revenge against a particular thing, his focus consumes the world. whoever stands before him becomes the target of that focussed wrath, and when he unleashes it... well... he can kill even superman. :)

counselor... i await your rebuttal. :D

You think that Bat's general "rage" would give him the edge whereas I feel he's only at his best when there's a specific foe to be fought. Then he's "The World's Greatest Detective". I don't think a general rage is enough to beat a faster, equally skilled opponent. It took him how long to get his act back together to tackle Bane? He used every trick in the book to defeat Superman not once but twice!!! Focus on individual opponents who he genuinely disliked is what pulled him through... But before we go chasing our tails here, I'll be honest I don't think DD stands much of a chance against Bats but someone HAS to be the loyal opposition in this poll. And besides... as the song says "on any given night".

Da Worfster

Kam
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
You think that Bat's general "rage" would give him the edge whereas I feel he's only at his best when there's a specific foe to be fought. Then he's "The World's Greatest Detective". I don't think a general rage is enough to beat a faster, equally skilled opponent. It took him how long to get his act back together to tackle Bane? He used every trick in the book to defeat Superman not once but twice!!! Focus on individual opponents who he genuinely disliked is what pulled him through... But before we go chasing our tails here, I'll be honest I don't think DD stands much of a chance against Bats but someone HAS to be the loyal opposition in this poll. And besides... as the song says "on any given night".

Da Worfster

'twas a worthy debate indeed! would be a fun fight to watch in any case! (and as my final capper... you're right (which makes me right) "focus on individual opponents who he genuinely disliked is what pulled him through..." i'll just have to whisper to bats that it was daredevil who told the joker where to find jason todd..... done and done!).

Worf101
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
'twas a worthy debate indeed! would be a fun fight to watch in any case! (and as my final capper... you're right (which makes me right) "focus on individual opponents who he genuinely disliked is what pulled him through..." i'll just have to whisper to bats that it was daredevil who told the joker where to find jason todd..... done and done!).

Why is it all you Cape and Cowler's have to cheat to get ole Bats' briefs in a bunch?? LOL First Kex then you... Philistines..... This has been fun though... All we need to make it "perfect" is for some late money to come in on DD and even up the playing field. As it is now it's one helluva one sided rout.

Da Worfster

Worf101
05-03-2006, 09:03 AM
...something sucks the stale air... and HISSES.

Gliding with ancient grace... unwilling to retreat as his brothers did... Eyes gleaming, untouched by love or joy or sorrow... Breath hot with the taste of fallen foes... The stench of Dead things, Damned things... Surely the Fiercest survivor -- the Purest warrior...

Sure there's Revenge, but Batman just likes punishment. He won't go down. IF DD won by split in 15, then DD will go down in the back alley in round 16. What you say is exactly what Bats would do. He wouldn't care if the world SAW him lose in the ring, he'd even up the score outside it. As long as HE knew he could do it he'd be satisfied.

Da Worfster

PS nice quote where's it from?

noddin0ff
05-03-2006, 10:04 AM
That's from The Dark Night Returns...after he get's his Batass kicked.

kexodusc
05-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Sure there's Revenge, but Batman just likes punishment. He won't go down. IF DD won by split in 15, then DD will go down in the back alley in round 16.

Damn, that sums up Batman in 30 words or less....Funniest part is, Batman's not above hittin' a blind man! :D

Kam
05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
if ya havent read Batman: The Cult... a 4 part miniseris from back in the day i highly reccomend it, its not quite up to the Miller batman series (then again, what is?) but its on par with arkham asylum for story (although not visuals). it's a really dark tale and the end sequence is... chilling to say the least. :)

GMichael
05-03-2006, 10:49 AM
7 to 1 huh? I hope the Bat lets up soon or well have a blood bath on our hands. Worf, have a heart. When are you gonna drag your guy out to the ER?

Worf101
05-05-2006, 04:23 AM
7 to 1 huh? I hope the Bat lets up soon or well have a blood bath on our hands. Worf, have a heart. When are you gonna drag your guy out to the ER?

"Nonsense... I've not yet begun to defile myself".

Bonus question.

Da Worfster

Kam
05-05-2006, 06:05 AM
"Nonsense... I've not yet begun to defile myself".

Bonus question.

Da Worfster

i'll be your huckleberry.....

Worf101
05-05-2006, 08:07 AM
i'll be your huckleberry.....

"You're a Daisey if you do!"

Da Worfster

Kam
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
"You're a Daisey if you do!"

Da Worfster

"you look like someones just walked over your grave...."

Worf101
05-05-2006, 08:54 AM
"you look like someones just walked over your grave...."

"Poor Johnny, the strain was just too much for him to bear."

Da Worfster

Kam
05-05-2006, 09:00 AM
"Poor Johnny, the strain was just too much for him to bear."

Da Worfster

it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds....

Worf101
05-05-2006, 09:18 AM
it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds....
"He's down at the creek walking on water.".

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not seeing much of a comeback here. Someone, throw in the towel before it's too late.

Kam
05-05-2006, 11:41 AM
"He's down at the creek walking on water.".

Da Worfster

he's not after revenge... it's a reckoning!

Worf101
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I guess Daredevil didn't stand much of a chance... Well, I tried Ben but you got booted bounced and rolled up tight.

Da Worfster