What is Burn In & An Upsampler- Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Player? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is Burn In & An Upsampler- Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Player?

EdwardGein
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Would appreciate someone explaining & clarifying what burn in & an Upsampler is as I was reading about an Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000 Cd Player & people were raving about it provided it had plenty of burn in & an upsampler.

Lets start with burn in. What exactly does that mean. They say the 4000 needs 200 to 400 hours of burn in. Does that just mean it needs to be powered on 200 to 400 hours continuously or does it actually have to be played with a CD in it for that long? If it needs to be played with a CD in it that long, can you do it with the same disc for 200-400 hours or what? Please explain.

Now the upsampler. What exactly is this? I take it its different then a DAC & just because a CD player may be 24 bits & 192 apparently doesn't mean it upsamples to this. Will an upsampler automatically improve any CD player & can you use an upsampler without using a
DAC? If anyone has heard the 4000 with the upsampler please let me know your thoughts.

abulgan
05-01-2006, 12:16 AM
i don't know what kind of burn-in they concern but 200 hours is too much for Tube a cd player,Up-sampler is a great thing for me i think,cause plays normal 16bit CDs to 24 bit quality,so upsamples it,which is good thing for old cds and not buying SACDs(which r already 24 bit)and Upsampler doesn't mean or works for Digital To Analog conversion.it's a different thing.24 Dac with 24 bit Upsampler r great specifications for cd player when both equiped,also Oversampling would be excellent if it's added to.maybe u can try Harman's new Cd HD 970(which i have)with 24 DAC,Upsampler and Oversampling with Class A output stage

EdwardGein
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Can you connect a CD player direct to an oversampler to a receiver without a DAC?

abulgan
05-01-2006, 02:24 AM
sure u can

but Ah Njoe has integrated upsampler circuit made by Philips