Need WALL MOUNTABLE TV SUGGESTIONS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need WALL MOUNTABLE TV SUGGESTIONS

airblue23
04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Its been awhile guys......

I am looking to spend $2-3k on a flat panel TV for my theatre that I can mount on a wall. (OR if it can be found at best buy, i can get it at cost from employee) Going to use it for normal TV viewing and home theatre. (B&K AVR, Dynaudio Audience all the way around). Any suggestions?

Airblue
rwalsh@hotmail.com

edtyct
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
At some of the better web stores, like Plasma Depot, DTV City, and DTV Express, you should be able to get a solid 42" HD plasma from Panasonic or Hitachi for between 2 and 3 k. In some cases, you might even be able to score a good 50" plasma. The same stores also carry LCDs from 40 to 45" from Sharp, Sony, and Panasonic that might fit your bill. You may have to call the stores for their best deal, but it might be worth your while. Remember, however, that you'll also have to pay freight and buy a wall mount, which could set you back another $300 to $400. I don't think that BB or CC can match these basic prices, unless you have special treatment.

topspeed
05-01-2006, 11:00 AM
What Ed said.

You can find much better deals online. A 40" Sony Bravia XBR costs $3,599 at BB but can be found online for between $2,200-2,500. Even with shipping, you're still way ahead of the game. Not coincidentally, this is the best of the LCD's I've seen so far.