PARADIGM vs POLK (plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me!!!!!!) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PARADIGM vs POLK (plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me!!!!!!)

sreerambharath
04-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Hello friends,
I am planning to buy a 7.1 home theater speaker system.Can u plzzzzzzz ADVICE me in choosing the "BEST" out of the following :

PARADIGM:
1.fronts: Monitor 9's
2.center: CC-370
3.surrounds: ADP-370's
4.rears: ADP-370's
5.subwoofer: PW2200

POLK:
1.fronts: RTi10's
2.center: CSi5
3.surrounds: FXi5's
4.rears: FXi5's
5.subwoofer: psw 505

Friends plzzzzz:confused5: :confused: :confused: :confused5: help me in choosing the "BEST SOUNDIND" setups from the above .

THANK U VERY MUCH.

Mr Peabody
05-06-2006, 06:45 PM
What are you using to drive them? Have you heard either? Both would be a decent set up. Polk puts me off some by using such small drivers. I have not compared them side by side nor with the same equipment. With that being said my impression is Polk would be a warmer sound with Paradigm being more extended and have more detail. You are the one who has to listen to them all the time and you narrowed it down to 2, so go give them a listen and buy the one you enjoy the best.

audio_dude
05-07-2006, 03:27 AM
well, from my experience, the paradigms have a "fuller" sound to them, I have heard a few polks, they sound pretty good, but I ended up buying the paradigms, I also listened to the monitor 9's just for fun, they sound beautiful!

I would recomend you at leasr listen to both systems, make sure the front towers don't mess up the surround aspect of things, just my two cents :)

sreerambharath
05-08-2006, 09:03 AM
THANKS A LOT GUYS(Mr Peabody & audio_dude)

for your valuable suggestion.

audio_dude
05-08-2006, 02:06 PM
anytime, thats what were all here for anyway!