Yamaha RXV 457: sub setup problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RXV 457: sub setup problem

macsound
04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
I need help on my set up. I had every thing set up fine months ago and I just moved my sub in another corner to hear if there would be a difference. I unpluged the sub only and placed it back in the original place. I noticed that the settings had reset to default so I set my DVD back the way it was and no problem. But when I listen to the CD mode the LFE light doesn't light up but only the L and R lights do in straight mode. I've tried every thing in the set up and It kind of sounds like the sub is on. If you have the same receiver do you know if the LFE light is suppost to be on in straight mode under CD mode?

speling champeon
04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I"m not sure if what happened to me has hit you or not, but I too lost my sub when we took a commercial power loss. My standard 'sub' choice on my receiver (Pioneer VSX-D409) will no longer fire up my subwoofer. If I choose 'sub-Plus', my sub will turn on, and my sounds are back..however I get clipping. I've tried every setting to get the clipping to stop, but it wont go away. I know something happened to my receiver..so I'm looking at getting something new. BTW, since you said "It kind of sounds like the sub is on.", you might want to toss on a CD you KNOW will dig down to those low freqs.. at least you'll know if its on or not.. helps to eliminate the 'think' part. GL

macsound
04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes I've also tried a CD that has a couple of bass testers and noticed that when the sub was unplugged, the picture on the wall doesn't raddle. But when I plugged it back and didn't touch the volume it raddled and I do here the power going to it. It's just confusing when the LFE light does go on under DVD mode but not in CD mode!

speling champeon
04-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Mac, I would suggest writing or calling tech support for Yamaha. The setup could be missing 1 setting, that makes a huge difference. At least try all your avenues before giving up.