Yamaha HTR5280 Setup Problem (No DVD audio) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha HTR5280 Setup Problem (No DVD audio)

rcraig
04-28-2006, 07:31 AM
The other day, my surround sound setup starting behaving a little odd. I'm not sure if somone hit a button or if the unexpected power outage that we had may have made things go a little haywire. Here's the issue:

Setup:
Yamaha HTR5280 AV Receiver
Directv H20 HD Receiver
Samsung HLR4667 DLP TV
Panasonic DVD-S29

When I click "Watch a Movie" on my Harmony remote everything appears to be working as before. The tv, dvd, and yamaha all turn on. The yamaha gets flipped to dvd and the tv gets flipped to the component cable. For some reason though I get no sound except for when I go to my yamaha remote and select CD. I then can both see and hear the DVD. This was never the case before. I have a Monster audio coaxil cable running from the DVD's digital audio out into the yamaha's CD digital input. I know this has to be some setup issue. I have no clue what has changed. The Harmony remote isn't the issue. Even if I turn everything on manually I get the same behavior.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

JeffKnob
04-28-2006, 08:23 AM
The other day, my surround sound setup starting behaving a little odd. I'm not sure if somone hit a button or if the unexpected power outage that we had may have made things go a little haywire. Here's the issue:

Setup:
Yamaha HTR5280 AV Receiver
Directv H20 HD Receiver
Samsung HLR4667 DLP TV
Panasonic DVD-S29

When I click "Watch a Movie" on my Harmony remote everything appears to be working as before. The tv, dvd, and yamaha all turn on. The yamaha gets flipped to dvd and the tv gets flipped to the component cable. For some reason though I get no sound except for when I go to my yamaha remote and select CD. I then can both see and hear the DVD. This was never the case before. I have a Monster audio coaxil cable running from the DVD's digital audio out into the yamaha's CD digital input. I know this has to be some setup issue. I have no clue what has changed. The Harmony remote isn't the issue. Even if I turn everything on manually I get the same behavior.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

I think that maybe your coaxial input was reassigned in the menu from DVD to CD.

rcraig
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Many thanks Jeff! That was it. Went to page 41 of the manual for the details. Listed Under "7 I/O Assignment."