5.1 Suggestion - Infinity, Klipsch, Other? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Suggestion - Infinity, Klipsch, Other?

jdag
04-28-2006, 05:41 AM
I am looking for a suggestion on a 5.1 system for my parents ($400-$600 range). Before I go store jumping this w/e, I wanted to get an idea of what I should be looking for. So, some I am considering...

Infinity TSS-750
Infinity TSS-450
Athena Micra 6
Polk RM6700
Polk RM6750
Polk RM6800
Klipsch Synergy Quintet II

These speakers will be mated to a Harman Kardon AVR-335.

Thanks in advance!

Mr Peabody
05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Did you already buy something? If I had to choose from what you listed, my first choice would be the Polk and then maybe the Athena but I haven't heard that exact package. Depending on what your parents are using for electronics they might find the Klipsch or Infinity too bright. One advantage of the Klipsch is it would be easy to drive if they have a low power receiver, the draw back is the limited dispersion from the horns they use. I haven't heard the TSS either but the last Infinity I auditioned was terribly unbalanced. It was like the tweeter player much louder than the woofer. I wish I could remember the model, maybe an Alpha something. Acoustic Energy makes good sounding budget priced speakers if you see them in your area.

abulgan
05-07-2006, 12:23 AM
try DefinitiveTech
much better than Infinity and Klipsch

audio_dude
05-07-2006, 03:35 AM
don't go bashing other peoples likes, you might consider them a great manufacturer, but kilpsh and infinity a great speaker makers too!!! :P

abulgan
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
he asked
and i answer so what?

audio_dude
05-07-2006, 01:36 PM
well, make a suggestion recommending the other speakers, but don't bash the other companies, have you done direct A/B comparison with the brands mentioned?

jdag
05-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I did end up with the Infinity...bought from Harmon direct on eBay at a great price. They arrive tomorrow.