i finally put my system together [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i finally put my system together

rsxgamer
04-26-2006, 05:27 AM
After several weeks (many times 4-5 hours a day) of internet searches, browsing forums, reading internet reviews, and posting questions, I've finally made the purchases necessary to complete the 5.1 theater that fits my budget. It consists of:

Mains: Energy C3
Center: Energy CC1
Surrounds: Energy C1---All speakers: $600
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1015TX: $515 with shp and ext. warranty
Subwoofer: Velodyne DLS-4000R: $435 shipped from authorized online retailer
Omnimount: 31" stands for mains and 24" stand for the surrounds: $50.00 shipped

I may purchase a Harmony remote to finish it off. I have nice cables left over from an old system. Also, my tv (which I already have), is a 2nd gen 43" Samsung DLP.

When I first read up on Energy, many said they were bright, but I started running across opposite views. I haven't heard them yet, but got them because of their Canadian heritage. I initially was going to purchase PSB Image 25's, but couldn't pass up this deal. Even if I find them a tad bright, I doubt they will be more than my old Klipsch RF-3s. Loved 'em, but could only listen to them for 20 minutes at a time.

The Pioneer will last a long time. Also, I'm pumped about the sub having a remote. All of this will be for a 15x12 apartment living room, so I shouldn't have upgrade-itis for a while.

L.J.
04-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Congrats on your setup! :thumbsup:

You put together the exact system I have in my 11x13 bedroom. Well speaker wise anyways.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16771

The C-3's sound slightly foward to me. Not bright or harsh at all to me. But we all hear things diff don't we. The C-3's are excellent speakers. I auditioned Wharfedale 9.2's and Paradigm MM before going with the C-3's. I thought the MM sounded really good as well.

This system will rock. I found the C-C1 much more enjoyable in my smaller bedroom compared to my main. And the C-1's are great as well. This will rock your mid sized room easy. Once your setup and calibrated let me know what you think.

GMichael
04-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Looks like a good set-up. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Good luck with fighting off the upgrade-itis. It's always stalking us around the next corner.