The Swishes are heading to hoser country. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Swishes are heading to hoser country.

Swish
04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Yep, we'll be in the United States of Canada at the end 'o the week and plan to meet a few of the psychos who frequent this board. Never been to Toronto, so hopefully they won't make me drive all over creation like J did to my in NYC a couple weeks ago. Doh! Actually, I won't have a car in Toronto, so they have no choice.

Autumn and her better half, plus Barry L and Audio Bill and his wife will be meeting us at a local pub on Friday night so we can discuss the many positive attributes of Progressive Rock. That should take up the first couple of minutes, then we can move the conversation along to other things.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Who you calling a Hoser? Take off, eh!

Autumn and her better half

I'm sure that you meant that as an insult, but I can't argue with you. He's a better man than I'll ever be. :biggrin5:

I'm looking foward to hanging with the Swish's. And it'll be nice to see Bill and his lovely wife again, it's been a while. Oh yeah, and Barry and his beautiful wife too. :)

kexodusc
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Who you calling a Hoser? Take off, eh!

I'm sure that you meant that as an insult, but I can't argue with you. He's a better man than I'll ever be. :biggrin5:

I'm looking foward to hanging with the Swish's. And it'll be nice to see Bill and his lovely wife again, it's been a while. Oh yeah, and Barry and his beautiful wife too. :)

Great, what dive you guys heading too??? I'll crash the party...it better not be Wednesday night though. :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Great, what dive you guys heading too??? I'll crash the party...it better not be Wednesday night though. :ihih:

Are you serious? I thought that you were in New Brunswick. We're getting together on Friday night. If you're in Toronto and want to join us, let me know and I'll send you the deets.

Ex Lion Tamer
04-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Autumn and her better half, plus Barry L and Audio Bill and his wife will be meeting us at a local pub on Friday night so we can discuss the many positive attributes of Progressive Rock. That should take up the first couple of minutes, then we can move the conversation along to other things.

Swish

Maybe those one of those "other things" could be really bad hockey teams, something with which the four of you should be intimately familiar. ;-)

Swish
04-25-2006, 04:55 AM
Maybe those one of those "other things" could be really bad hockey teams, something with which the four of you should be intimately familiar. ;-)

Hey, the Flyers looked like crap last night, but they looked great on Saturday night and should have won it in OT. And at least they're in the playoffs, until a certain team from Toronto.I don't think your should be talking smack yet because I don't think the Senators will go past the second round this year.

Swish

Ex Lion Tamer
04-25-2006, 05:33 AM
I don't think your should be talking smack yet because I don't think the Senators will go past the second round this year.

Swish

Point well taken but, though I line in Ottawa, I was born in montreal and have been and always will be a Habs fan, so I get to talk smack for at least a couple of days. I hope I still know how, it's been an awfully long time, at least in "Habs-fan time"

kexodusc
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Point well taken but, though I line in Ottawa, I was born in montreal and have been and always will be a Habs fan, so I get to talk smack for at least a couple of days. I hope I still know how, it's been an awfully long time, at least in "Habs-fan time"

BOYS: Ottawa won't only dispose of Tampa in 6 or less, but go quite far this year on the back of a stellar rookie goalie. Especially if they draw the Habs in round 2. Flyers out in 4. Unless Buffalo finds a way to do it in 3.

Forever Autumn:
Darn it...I'm in YYZ on Thursday morning, back to YUL that evening, then off to YOW for game 5 Saturday (GO SENS GO!). Don't think I'll be around Friday evening as is...But I'm usually in TO for work bi-monthly or more, some other time perhaps...

You folks have fun! Take'em to the Keg Mansion. Best cheap steak in town.

audiobill
04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Swish et al,

We're all really lookong fwd to That Friday Night in Toronto.

Better get plenty of rest on the plane. FA & Barry L, you better get plenty of rest too.

See you all soon,

Bill

ForeverAutumn
04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Swish et al,

We're all really lookong fwd to That Friday Night in Toronto.

Better get plenty of rest on the plane. FA & Barry L, you better get plenty of rest too.

See you all soon,

Bill

I'm too excited to sleep!!! :Yawn:

:sleep:

Hey Kex, you know you're doing too much travelling when you start calling cities by their airport codes. LOL. If ever you're coming to YYZ and want to meet, let me know. I love meeting people from RR. Well, at least I think I do...I'll let you know after Friday. :wink5:

kexodusc
04-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Hey Kex, you know you're doing too much travelling when you start calling cities by their airport codes. LOL. If ever you're coming to YYZ and want to meet, let me know. I love meeting people from RR. Well, at least I think I do...I'll let you know after Friday. :wink5:

No kidding...I was really excited about it when I took the job. I consider myself Canadian too (have citizenship), but I hadn't really seen most of the country since I grew up mostly in the USA. But after a year it's getting tiresome. Not to mention Air Canada just keeps getting worse and worse.
Oh well, I rack up the air miles/Marriott/Delta points.

Funny thing, they showed "Cast Away" as an in flight movie not too long ago.

ForeverAutumn
04-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Funny thing, they showed "Cast Away" as an in flight movie not too long ago.

Cast Away? I'll bet that filled everyone with confidence. The next thing you know they'll be showing the opening scenes from Lost's season one opener. :yikes:

Swish
04-26-2006, 06:25 PM
BOYS: Ottawa won't only dispose of Tampa in 6 or less, but go quite far this year on the back of a stellar rookie goalie. Especially if they draw the Habs in round 2. Flyers out in 4. Unless Buffalo finds a way to do it in 3.

Forever Autumn:
Darn it...I'm in YYZ on Thursday morning, back to YUL that evening, then off to YOW for game 5 Saturday (GO SENS GO!). Don't think I'll be around Friday evening as is...But I'm usually in TO for work bi-monthly or more, some other time perhaps...

And if they play the rest of the games as well as they did tonight, they may take out Buffalo. Unless the refs continue to screw them to the wall.

Swish

kexodusc
04-27-2006, 12:06 PM
And if they play the rest of the games as well as they did tonight, they may take out Buffalo. Unless the refs continue to screw them to the wall.

Swish

Well, I was wrong before...I still think Niittymaki should be the starting goalie for the Flyers though. No matter, they're outclassed. Gauthier hitting every player from behind and with his stick like a gutless coward won't win them the series either...They miss Primeau in a big way.

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Should we be concerned that Swish doesn't seem to want to talk about his trip to the Great White North?

I know that the strip search by the Mounties was a little uncomfortable, but really, he was asking for it. :hand:

Swish
05-14-2006, 09:13 AM

Forever Autumn:

instead of playing the rest of this season, just as I predicted. At least the Flyers put up a decent fight against Buffalo and too it to 6 ganes, not the four you predicted.

Am I happy about it? Not really since the Flyers were out in round 1, but what can I say? This team was built for the old rules and the new rules kicked them to the curb. I think you'll see them bring in some players who can fly.

Swish

kexodusc
05-14-2006, 09:29 AM
instead of playing the rest of this season, just as I predicted. At least the Flyers put up a decent fight against Buffalo and too it to 6 ganes, not the four you predicted.

Am I happy about it? Not really since the Flyers were out in round 1, but what can I say? This team was built for the old rules and the new rules kicked them to the curb. I think you'll see them bring in some players who can fly.

Swish

Geez, you must have been seething for the past 10 days, just waiting for this opportunity to reply :D
With 5 one goal games, the Sens put up a better fight than the Flyers did. Outshot and outplayed them 4 of the 5...Flyers can't say that...Bad luck, is all...hard to win with your backup goalie. No matter, Buffalo is a great team and deserved to win.

My Thrashers choked down the stretch anyway...safe to say most teams did better than mine....they'll be strong next year though.

The Flyers need some major work. They've got a good young goalie, and 3 good young forwards, but other than that you're right, built for the old cheating, hooking, grabbing, clutching, boring NHL. Considering the payroll they had, they did quite well to fit under the cap this year on short notice, so you can't call the season disappointing. Carter, Richards, and Gagne are the core...with Nittymaki looking to be a long-term solution to the perrennial goalie woes...Esche is done. They'll miss Forsberg if he is indeed gone until January/February. But I think they'll make a lot of moves this off-season and come back faster and stronger than ever...

Swish
05-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Geez, you must have been seething for the past 10 days, just waiting for this opportunity to reply :D
With 5 one goal games, the Sens put up a better fight than the Flyers did. Outshot and outplayed them 4 of the 5...Flyers can't say that...Bad luck, is all...hard to win with your backup goalie. No matter, Buffalo is a great team and deserved to win.

My Thrashers choked down the stretch anyway...safe to say most teams did better than mine....they'll be strong next year though.

The Flyers need some major work. They've got a good young goalie, and 3 good young forwards, but other than that you're right, built for the old cheating, hooking, grabbing, clutching, boring NHL. Considering the payroll they had, they did quite well to fit under the cap this year on short notice, so you can't call the season disappointing. Carter, Richards, and Gagne are the core...with Nittymaki looking to be a long-term solution to the perrennial goalie woes...Esche is done. They'll miss Forsberg if he is indeed gone until January/February. But I think they'll make a lot of moves this off-season and come back faster and stronger than ever...

The Senators won only 1. Yes, Philly looked pretty bad in most of their losses, but they took Buffalo into OT the night Esche has 53 saves and nearly won it, so they could have gone to a game seven. In addition, the Flyers have outshot teams many times in the past and came up short, but you don't earn points on shots, you get them with wins, and at the end of the game, winning or losing is all that matters.

I agree with you on many other issues though, including their future. I just hope they can find the talend they need. Forsberg will be out until January in my opinion, and they'll keep him out even longer if they're in contention for the playonffs next season. It will be tough without him, but Primeau will be back (finally) and that should help them.

Swish