Million Dollar Baby [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Baby

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2006, 04:48 AM
We finally watched Million Dollar Baby last night. Hubby and I both thought that it was a decent enough film. But neither one of us thought that it was Oscar material and just don't understand what all the rave was about. Are we missing something?

We also watched Hotel Rwanda. Now that is a deep film that makes you think (I'm also reading a great book on these incidents right now). The actors were truly convincing and we felt their horror and their fear. I would have nominated that for an Oscar long before Million Dollar Baby...just my humble opinion.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-24-2006, 04:57 AM
We finally watched Million Dollar Baby last night. Hubby and I both thought that it was a decent enough film. But neither one of us thought that it was Oscar material and just don't understand what all the rave was about. Are we missing something?

We also watched Hotel Rwanda. Now that is a deep film that makes you think (I'm also reading a great book on these incidents right now). The actors were truly convincing and we felt their horror and their fear. I would have nominated that for an Oscar long before Million Dollar Baby...just my humble opinion.

I hated this film, and I don't why. It bored me to death:sleep:

Hotel Rwanda was a movie and a half. Good stuff there.

paul_pci
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Agreed and agreed.

topspeed
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I guess I'm the lone dissenter. I loved Baby! The story was a classic Shakesperian tragedy in my book and the acting was superb.

I haven't seen Hotel, but it sounds like one to get once I get my freakin' tv working again.