Bang and Olufsen Problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bang and Olufsen Problem

Drifter06
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased two sets of Bang and Olufsen Beovox S45-2's.
This is my first experience with this manufacturer and thus far I am a little annoyed.
B&O instead of the traditional spring clip, binding post, or banana clip, have decided to use their own type of connector, which I don't have, or have any idea of how to obtain.
I do not even know what to call them.
Any information would be appreciated to point me in the correct direction.

PLEASE......SOMEONE......
- Tell me what they are called
- How much they are
- Where I can find them

Thank You So Much

bubslewis
04-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased two sets of Bang and Olufsen Beovox S45-2's.
This is my first experience with this manufacturer and thus far I am a little annoyed.
B&O instead of the traditional spring clip, binding post, or banana clip, have decided to use their own type of connector, which I don't have, or have any idea of how to obtain.
I do not even know what to call them.
Any information would be appreciated to point me in the correct direction.

PLEASE......SOMEONE......
- Tell me what they are called
- How much they are
- Where I can find them

Thank You So Much

Finally.... Somebody posted something about Bang & Olufson. I have a pair of their top line towers from 1988. Very pleasant sounding. Bang & Olufson has a giant forum of their own, mostly populated on the European side. There are lots of die hard fanatic B&O people there and I'm sure they'll help you out. I think the link is "BeoWorld.com" and it will direct you to their forum and how to sign up.

Bill

Drifter06
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the help.
I know B&O are a great brand, and I don't doubt their sound quality.
And for the price I got these for I couldn't pass them out.

Since yours are presently working, can you tell me how they sound?
Once again, for the price of mine, If they work the money will be worth it.

thanks

bubslewis
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the help.
I know B&O are a great brand, and I don't doubt their sound quality.
And for the price I got these for I couldn't pass them out.

Since yours are presently working, can you tell me how they sound?
Once again, for the price of mine, If they work the money will be worth it.

thanks

Correction. The right address for the B&O link is "BeoWorld.co.uk". Unfortunately, I have never heard any other B&O speakers except the pair of Penta's that I got in 1988. They are self amplified (150 W) towers with five 4" drivers, three 3 1/2" midrange drivers, and one 1" tweeter. Very handsome things with 4 sided polished stainless steel enclosures.

If you are a bass freak (which I am not) you probably wouldn't care for them. They have balanced, but not gut wrenching, bass. I think they have good definition and I find I can listen to them for long periods of time without getting "tired". Overall a pleasant listening experience.

I have no knowlege of the models (or price) of the speakers you're getting. I do think that the stuff that B&O makes today seems a little pricey, but other than that I hope S-45-2's work out for you.