Question about my system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question about my system

TrueFaith
04-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Hello all,

I have a question about some stereo components which I recently inherited from a relative. If anyone could give me any information regarding the components it would be greatly appreciated since I have already searched the web for answers. The components in the system are:

Kenwood Double Casette Deck KX-644W
Kenwood Stereo Synthesizer Tuner KT-54
Kenwood Stereo Integrated Amplifier KA-54
Kenwood Automatic Return Turntable KD-34R
Sony Compact Disc Player CDP-C365

Mr Peabody
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not 100% but having sold Kenwood for many years in late 80's and early 90's, those look like components from a Kenwood rack system. During my era Kenwood often put integrated and separate pre and power amps in rack systems to make them have that upscale appeal. Unfortunately, the quality was pretty good compared to other rack systems but didn't compare to actual separates. Most of Kenwood's beefier integrated amps had four numbers in the model, like KA-3300 or 7500 etc.

For more particular information find some one who has an audio Bluebook. You said you checked the internet but did yu Google?

Glen B
04-24-2006, 12:22 AM
None of these components are listed in the audio Bluebook.

Mr Peabody
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
You are right, not much on the web. With that and the fact it's not in the Bluebook seems to confirm the components are from a rack system. I saw on a forum like this one that the amp is rated at 2x80w but it was in a foreign language and that's all I could make of it. There was a place to buy a service manual but that may cost as much as the amp would be worth.

Were wanting to sell or just see what you have? There were several KT-54's listed on Ebay. I guess they lasted longer than the amp.

Good luck

TrueFaith
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
I just wanted to see what I recently aquired. Everything works remarkably well on all of the components.