RCA stereo to 1/8" headphone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RCA stereo to 1/8" headphone

natronforever
04-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey everybody,
I'm trying to hook up a pair of multimedia speakers (logiitech Z-560) to the audio out of a TV. Basically, I need something to plug into the RCA audio output on the TV to the 1/8" headphone style plug feeding the speaker. Radio shack only had an RCA to 1/4" cable. I bought that with an 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, but things didn't fit together nicely, becuase I lost all audio on the right channel. I'm sure the right cable is made, but I'm just having a hard time finding it. If anybody has such a cable, I'm also interested in knowing how well it works. I don't want a poorly-fitting cable. Thanks for all your help.

markw
04-23-2006, 12:19 PM
All you need is a cable with a STEREO mini plug on one end and a pair of RCA plugs on the other. They are as common as dirt.

natronforever
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm aware of what I need, as is clear from my original post. However, common as dirt doesn't seem to include Radio Shack. As such, I was wondering where I could find the cable. I find plenty of cables that have a headphone plug on one end, but I don't want the plug. I need the 1/8" female part, into which the speakers would be plugged. So, what I need is a male stereo RCA on one end, and a female 1/8" headphone jack on the other. Thanks again for your time.

markw
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Actually, it wasn't clear and most times it boils down on knowing what to ask for, which I tried to provide for you.

But, since I was wrong and you seem to have figured out what you really need, go for it.

have a nice day.

natronforever
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Mark,
I'm sorry if you read sarcasm in my response to your post, where none was in fact intended. Well, a perhaps a little, but nothing that was intended to annoy. I had actually considered italicizing certain words to eliminate any harsh or frustrated tones. So, on that note, I do apoligize. However, I don't appreciate the condescending tones of your posts. All I really wanted was perhaps some direction as to where to find the above mentioned cable, which although is conceivably common, is nonetheless not available at Radio Shack, except in the 1/4" version which I've already unsuccessfully tried (see 1st post). I did go to Radio Shack's web site, but consulting that on-line labyrinth yielded no results. If anybody knows of another good source of the cable in question, please fill me in.