Nobody and Sloshy - You Rock! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nobody and Sloshy - You Rock!

Snowbunny
01-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Nobody's 2003 Motel Comp is my choice for Comp of the Year!

I have been listening to this collection on every ski day since it arrived in my mailbox. What a great collection of songs! Some notable new artists that I like a lot are The Cramps, Kings of Leon, Jet, Electric Six, The Raveonettes and Prefuse 73. I'll review this one a little more, but right now its stuck in my walkman.

Whoever it was that was asking about a good workout collection, this is it! Plus, the mon of rich should get a copy of this one to take on the slopes! I'd be happy to distribute it to whoever wants a copy!

Thanks Nobody. I've listened to Keep a Secret once so far. Very pleasant, but so far, it doesn't knock my socks off.

Snowie

Oh yeah, and Sloshy! I feel bad for not commenting a little more indepth on your comps. Just know that they are the staple of my music diet and you're forever in my heart for your continuing generosity! Snowflake :)

nobody
01-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Glad ya like it. My only problem with it is that I've ended up with a few things that are 2003 discs that I would have to put on a 2003 comp, but I just didn't have 'em when I made that up. Most especially, I would have had to include something from Joe Strummer's Streetcore and the new Handsome Family. Anyway, just always glad when somebody enjoys.

Slosh
01-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, and Sloshy! I feel bad for not commenting a little more...

Probably the less said the better ;)

NP: BHP - Amore del Tropico

NU: EZ T - Goodbye Little Doll

Finch Platte
01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Glad ya like it. My only problem with it is that I've ended up with a few things that are 2003 discs that I would have to put on a 2003 comp, but I just didn't have 'em when I made that up. Most especially, I would have had to include something from Joe Strummer's Streetcore and the new Handsome Family. Anyway, just always glad when somebody enjoys.

...and I've been meaning to thank you for it, but I had a surprise for you. I took the disc on a road trip w/ a couple friends and recorded (on a micro-cassette) their takes on the songs. I was gonna put it all in print for you to read, but at my rate of typing, it would have taken months. Sorry :( My intentions were good, and it was fun critiquing it and bouncing opinions off the guys. I can send you a micro-cassette copy of the tape, if you have a player, or if you're desperate to hear it, I can send the whole player :p

fp

nobody
01-28-2004, 06:50 AM
good intentions...good intentions? something about roads...pavement...I forget what else

No micro-cassette here, and not desperate enough to ask you to send the player. Does sound interesting though. Any comments particularly striking? Anything universally loved or hated?

Wondering how you found the other discs as well. Just guesses as to whether or not you'd enjoy them.

Oh...and you're welcome.