Blondie vs The Doors [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blondie vs The Doors

Davey
04-20-2006, 10:50 AM
So I'm tooling along on my way to work this morning and decide to check out the local college station and hear what kind of freaky stuff they had going on, and they start playing The Doors "Riders on the Storm", and I say to myself, what the fook? Doesn't this admittedly great tune get enough exposure on the big market classic rock stations? But wait a second, this isn't the Doors song, it's something else. And not that old Snoop Dog remix rap mess either, this one is very cool. It's got a dub beat behind that great Morrison voice, and then it really takes off into new territory after Jim finishes his verse with some extended dancefloor mix with female hip hop kinda vocals. Wait, isn't that Blondie? Isn't that "Rapture"? Isn't that cool?

Anyway, just did a search to find out what the story is and some bright DJ in the UK came up with the idea of mixing the two songs together. Kind of a mash-up of "Rapture" and "Riders on the Storm". The track is called "Rapture Riders". Apparently became a hit in Australia and the UK last year, but Blondie just put out their new Greatest Hits collection last month to coincide with (or should that be cash in on) getting into the RnR Hall of Shame and stuck that remix thing on the end. And I gotta say that it's really a well done mix-up, mash-up, remix, or whatever they call it nowadays. Boy, Morrison sure had a sweet voice on that one.

Jim Clark
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
"Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock"

Man, I gotta tell you that I love that song and it's been way too long since I've busted out AutoAmerican. When it comes right down to it that was, as best I can remember, the first "rap" I ever listened to. Talk about taking a wrong turn.

Anyway, never heard the most recent remix but it does sound cool so I'll keep my eye peeled for an album with it on there.

jc

Davey
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Anyway, never heard the most recent remix but it does sound cool so I'll keep my eye peeled for an album with it on there.
If you don't mind a short Pepsi commercial, you can watch the fun vid at ... http://music.yahoo.com/ar-269864-videos--Blondie

BTW, here's another cool mash-up I saw recently ...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/springsteenjedi/bbmpic3147.jpg

Dusty Chalk
04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Screenplay by Howard Stern

Nice touch, that.

jrhymeammo
04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Rapture ay? Try listening to a song Step Into a World by KRS-One.

Swish
04-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I suppose you've heard the Scissor Sisters "Comfortably Numb" done in the style of the Bee Gees? It cracks me up every time.

Swish