Hey BarryL, or anyone into Glass Hammer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey BarryL, or anyone into Glass Hammer

3-LockBox
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Do you own any of their DVDs?

And now that you've had some more time with the album, what do you think of Inconsolable Secret?

I'm still up in the air about GH. They remind me of Cairo in a way, in that they're a modern version of ELP. I like the sonic value of some the songs, but as albums go, they get a little long in the tooth.

BarryL
04-17-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't have any of their DVDs. I do have their NEARfest live CD, which I like. For the most part it is Lex Rex done live, if I recall correctly.

It's not that the band is bad, by any means. I just find something missing. Not enough oomph or guts. It's like they are trying to be too perfect, which is a virtue I admire, but the music seems to suffer because of it.

I'll have to give them another listen. The whole of the first CD of Inconsolible Secret did nothing for me. There was some good material on the second disk.

I know of the band Cairo, but I don't have any of their stuff.

I'm still grooving to the new FK album. There's a lot of material on these two CDs. As a totality, I think it's the best album the FKs have put out yet. That being said, I think there are stronger individual songs on other CDs. This is an easy recommendation for people who are just starting out into The Flower Kings, provided they are willing to give it a few listens before dismissing it. Tons of quality content for a mere fifteen bucks.