new Flower Kings and Jadis - ordered [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new Flower Kings and Jadis - ordered

3-LockBox
04-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I've heard a few tracks from Paradox Hotel (at one of them there download sites) and I must say that Stolts playing is the best I've heard from him to date, though I wished he'd take less turns at the mic. But I couldn't see not buying this album when its only $14.98US at Amazon, for a two-disc set. I'm really looking forward to disc two, which is very different from the FK than I've ever heard. I noramlly shy away from two-disc prog albums, but this sounds like two different albums.

I also picked up Jadis' new one Photoplay, which even the short snippets I hear at Amazon sounded good to these ears. I really liked Fanatic, so this is a no brainer.

BarryL
04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to disc two, which is very different from the FK than I've ever heard. I noramlly shy away from two-disc prog albums, but this sounds like two different albums.

Yeah? I don't find the two sides that different.

Side two contains the angular instrumental The Unorthodox Dancinglesson, which some have said is Zappa-like. Yeah, kind of.

Side one contains Bavarian Skies, in which Stolt takes on the persona of Hitler in the lyrics. Strange coming from the normally psychodelic Flower Kings.

I like Stolt's singing, so the FK vocals aren't a problem for me. But that other singer sure has a good set of pipes!

3-LockBox
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Crap I forgot to mention I pre ordered the new OSI -Free. Of course, I'll kick myself later cuz I/O Records always re-release stuff a year after the initial release with bonus stuff, like the first OSI w/ the cool covers of Neil Young and Pink Floyd. Same with Chroma Key.

since I'm pre-ordering, they should have send me any bonus stuff for free, you know, just Marillion...bastards

3-LockBox
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Side one contains Bavarian Skies, in which Stolt takes on the persona of Hitler in the lyrics. Strange coming from the normally psychodelic Flower Kings.

Oh is that what that was? I couldn't listen to more than a couple of minutes of it to figure it out...:p

Oh well, what's a FK album without a song or two by which to induce cringing. :lol: