Movie Fight Night Round Two Super Hero Division! Superman Vs. Spiderman! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Movie Fight Night Round Two Super Hero Division! Superman Vs. Spiderman!

Worf101
04-17-2006, 05:09 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen and all our Servicemen and Women around the World welcome to Celluloid Boxing. Tonight we've 15 rounds of Boxing for the vacant Superhero Heavyweight Tiitle.

In the the Blue Corner, hailing from New York City, New York we've a young man who's quickly risen up the ranks for superhero obscurity in the 1960's to a pop icon of the new millenium. He's quick, agile, strong as stink and can shoot webs out of his wrists. While an orphan twice over he's loved by millions and hated by thousands. Without further ado I give you the Wacky WebSlinger, Marvel's Master of Mythic Muscle De Amaaaaazing Spider Man!!!!

Over in the Red corner hailing from the Planet Krypton via Metropolis City (what the hell state is Metropolis in anyway) we've a man known to all. A perrenial fave since the 1930's this ageless wonder has never ceased to battle for "truth, justice and the American way". He's faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive, can leap a tall building in a single bound, bend steel in his bare hands and see what's under any woman skirt in a single glance. I give to you the Metroplis Mangler, the 8th Wonder of the World, da Man of Steel... da one da only Suuuuuuuperman!!!

Okay gents, touch em up. Protect yourselves at all times and lets have good clean fight. "Let's get ta scrappin!!!!"

GMichael
04-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Let's see, steel vs a spider web. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Sure, as far as movies go, I enjoyed Spiderman more. But put them in a fight? Sorry Spidy, you'll get squished and leave guts all over the ring. Unless, anyone got some Kryptonite on them? Make sure it's green. The red stuff might turn him into a killer. It would negate the only chance Spidy has. That chance is Clark's boy scout mentality that won't let him beat the living crap out of anyone.
Vote# 1 for the boy from Smallville.

Edit: Not sure of the state Metroplis is in. But Smallville is in Kansas. Metroplis must be close, but not in the same state.

shokhead
04-17-2006, 05:31 AM
SM is a wimp.

Worf101
04-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Even I know that Superman ain't what he used to be. He gets his ass kicked regularly. Hell in the two Frank Miller Batman graphic novels "The Dark Knight Returns" and the other one. Batman kicks Superman's ass like he stole sumthin. I mean it he's not what you remember if he ever was. Superman he is but God he is NOT. He's old, slow, long in the tooth and his movies???!!! Pheh don't get me started on that. I voted for Queens, New York's favorite son, Spiderman.

Da Worfster

GMichael
04-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Well, he has to loose in the comics. What fun is it to read/see someone who always wins? There's no contest, no excitement, no suspense.

L.J.
04-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Don't be so quick to throw in the towel gents! Remember that the man of steel could have easily been defeatly by a mere mortal, Lex Luther. No super powers or abilities. Just good ol fashioned brains my boy.

Remember Spidey is a scientist and has friends in high places that can crack Supermans code. How's bout a Spidey suit with lead lined mask and web laced with krptonyte. Spidey has some superhuman strength himself, not to mention his spider sense. I gotta go with wall crawler.

http://www.gifmania.ca/Spiderman/Spiderman/spideybs.gif

kexodusc
04-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Ugghhh....I voted for Superman by accident...no coffee here. I meant to vote for Spidey. Anyway, it's not even close to me. I don't mind Supe' as we call him, but anytime you have a character that is darn near invincible, it makes it boring. There's a more emotional, tragic story in Spiderman. A more human element. He might get beat up by Superman, but he's more fun to read, watch, follow, etc. A workin' man's superhero.

Now...how does one change their vote?

GMichael
04-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Don't be so quick to throw in the towel gents! Remember that the man of steel could have easily been defeatly by a mere mortal, Lex Luther. No super powers or abilities. Just good ol fashioned brains my boy.

Remember Spidey is a scientist and has friends in high places that can crack Supermans code. How's bout a Spidey suit with lead lined mask and web laced with krptonyte. Spidey has some superhuman strength himself, not to mention his spider sense. I gotta go with wall crawler.

http://www.gifmania.ca/Spiderman/Spiderman/spideybs.gif

Superman was instilled with all the knowledge of a superior race. He may have a little more brain power than a high School Science major who plays with cameras.
His biggest drawback is that he's too super. People love to root for the underdog. (will he be in this?) It gets boring.

Worf101
04-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Ugghhh....I voted for Superman by accident...no coffee here. I meant to vote for Spidey. Anyway, it's not even close to me. I don't mind Supe' as we call him, but anytime you have a character that is darn near invincible, it makes it boring. There's a more emotional, tragic story in Spiderman. A more human element. He might get beat up by Superman, but he's more fun to read, watch, follow, etc. A workin' man's superhero.

Now...how does one change their vote?

Title of this post done in my bet Ren Hoeck voice. Man you must've had a hard weekend. I of course.. have no idea how one changes one's vote on this thing. Of course if you could change your vote it would lead to all sorts of poll/election shennanigans and we know how the last batch of voter fraud turned out in the this country don't we???

Da Worfster

Kam
04-17-2006, 06:30 AM
i went with supes because i think the only 'super'hero who could really defeat him is batman since batman is the only one who can outthink him. am a huge fan of spidey, and grew up on spidey/batman/xmen comics, hated superman actually because of his whole god/invinceable thing he had going on, he wasnt quite as interesting as the other mythos out there. BUT... a friend of mine is big on comics and has lent me few of his that really show the writers are taking some interesting turns with the superman myth/story. they're making him a much more interesting character than he was when i was growing up at least. and while spidey is certainly a genius, i dont think he'd be able to outwit supes. (noone can stand toe-to-toe with supes)

although... (my only caveat to spidey winning) if spidey called up reed richards and doc conners for some help, with their brains added in, i think spidey could prolly make some sort of kryptonite laced webbing and then... in the immortal words of bill paxton...
"its game over man! game over!"

Worf101
04-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Superman was instilled with all the knowledge of a superior race. He may have a little more brain power than a high School Science major who plays with cameras.
His biggest drawback is that he's too super. People love to root for the underdog. (will he be in this?) It gets boring.

So advanced they sat there and let their planet blow up under em. Such brilliance the Taliban should have.

Da Worfster

GMichael
04-17-2006, 06:38 AM
So advanced they sat there and let their planet blow up under em. Such brilliance the Taliban should have.

Da Worfster

Hey, I think he's boring too. I'm just going by what I was tought by the movies. They at least had a way to send a baby to another planet lightyears away. Don't think we've come up with that one yet.

L.J.
04-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Yeah but don't forget he was easily beat by Lex and had to be saved by a dame!

GMichael
04-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah but don't forget he was easily beat by Lex and had to be saved by a dame!

Well, if it was too easy for him there'd be no story. Not that there was much of a story to begin with. His problem is that he trusts people. And Spidy is too nice of a guy to trick him.

Why is it that I'm the only one who picked Smallville but he has 4 votes? Does everyone have Kex's butterfingers? Is this Florida?

L.J.
04-17-2006, 07:11 AM
It should be tied up!!!!

Kam
04-17-2006, 07:26 AM
there was a really cool comic story on the lines of the "what ifs" that what if superman landed in russia in the time of stalin instead of kansas... was really fascinating how superman progressed in russia while luthor progressed in the us without having a "superman" to oppose him early in their "careers."
sorry, lil aside from the battle. i still think supes could take spidey.

bobsticks
04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
...a vote for:Spiderman
Thus far this has been a travesty

topspeed
04-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Who do I like more? Spiderman.
Who did I vote for? Superman.

Of the two, clearly Spiderman is more interesting. I mean seriously, a newspaper reporter vs. a smartass. Who would you rather hang with (no pun intended)? But the question isn't who was a better character. The question is if you put Superman and Spiderman in a cage, who would walk out and who would be carried out?

Superman would squish Spidey. Unfortunate, but true.

Of course, the real money is on the Silver Surfer.