dvd player turning off after 30 seconds [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : dvd player turning off after 30 seconds

sassygirl24
04-16-2006, 02:13 PM
hi there, I am new here and was hoping to get some help.. I was down visiting my bf's parents and his mom asked me to look at her dvd/vcr remotes.. says she can't operate them ... so i did.. seems that when you turn on the dvd/vcr player ( magnavox MWD2205) it only stayed on for about 30 seconds and turned itself off.. nothing in the book about this one.. hopefully someone can help me.. thanks so much !

orgasmdonor
04-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Without checking the machine with an ammeter it's hard to say. More than likely there is a short to ground in it somewhere. I would recommend buying a new one since you can get one for less than 100 bucks.

Geoffcin
04-16-2006, 04:08 PM
hi there, I am new here and was hoping to get some help.. I was down visiting my bf's parents and his mom asked me to look at her dvd/vcr remotes.. says she can't operate them ... so i did.. seems that when you turn on the dvd/vcr player ( magnavox MWD2205) it only stayed on for about 30 seconds and turned itself off.. nothing in the book about this one.. hopefully someone can help me.. thanks so much !

The laser could be dirty, the electronics could be zapped, or it could just be the disk. First thing you want to do is remove the disk, unplug the unit and then try it on a different outlet. If it works again (it doesnt need to be hooked up, just put a disk in in) then move it back to the old outlet. If it fails then you know it was the outlet.

Wireworm5
04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
With my Sony dvd player if I have a bad connection on the back panel with input and outputs going to receiver or tv the unit won't even power up. This is some kind of copy protection feature, in my case it was an optical cable. I don't know if this applies to your magnavox but you can check to see if all the connections are correct.
Just my .02 cents.

sassygirl24
04-17-2006, 03:09 AM
thanks for the help, I will look into them all, I thought maybe it had something to do with the parental settings.. but can't seem to find anything on that either.. just that you have to put a password in, which they haven't done... thanks again for all the help..