Yes drummer Alan White putting out a new album [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yes drummer Alan White putting out a new album

Mr Peabody
04-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I haven't found any samples to listen to yet. Alan White has a new album coming out called "White". He teams up with keyboardist Geoff Downes of Asia fame. This is said to be a Prog album which led me to try and find a listen. I do not like Asia but I keep an open mind don't you know. I did find an Alan White album called Ramshackle which was recently released on CD and was said to be a collectors item. I liked what I heard of that by the samples.

BarryL
04-16-2006, 06:33 AM
I did find an Alan White album called Ramshackle which was recently released on CD and was said to be a collectors item. I liked what I heard of that by the samples.

Funny that I bought all of the Yes solo CDs in 75 and 76, but missed the Alan White. Good to hear its now available on CD. I'll have to look into that.

The new White album has a Roger Dean cover. If you hear any of it, let us know what it's like. I'm apprehensive like you that he chose to hook up with Downes.

James Jardine
04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
You can hear the album at http://www.treason.net/Loyal.html - it sounds good - but its not Geoff Downes and no Roger Dean cover. You sure about that?

BradH
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
You can hear the album at http://www.treason.net/Loyal.html - it sounds good - but its not Geoff Downes and no Roger Dean cover. You sure about that?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Loyal. That must've been scrapped.

Here's the new one with Downes. I'm hoping for a little more Drama and less Asia.

3-LockBox
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Loyal. That must've been scrapped.

Here's the new one with Downes. I'm hoping for a little more Drama and less Asia.

Holy crap, but that's a great album cover. (though Dean seems to be stuck in a 'things floating un-naturally in mid-air' rut)

So Alan White made/makes solo albums too?

BradH
04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
So Alan White made/makes solo albums too?

Not since 1976's Ramshackled.

I agree about the cover. That's the best Dean I've seen in ages.