Power Surge [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Power Surge

JeffKnob
04-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Now that spring is in the air, I am starting to again be concerned about lightning damaging my equipment. I currently have only a belkin surge protector that I have had for a number of years. When I know there will be a storm I try to unplug everything before the thunder starts but that isn't always an option. I was wondering if there is an inexpensive option that will protect me better than what I have. It would be great if it would protect the coax line as well. Is there something that will stop lightning?

Thanks.

PAT.P
04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Is there something that will stop lightning?

Thanks.Nothing will stop lightning!:ihih:

wayner86
04-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Is there something that will stop lightning?

Thor.

:ciappa:

JeffKnob
04-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Nothing will stop lightning!:ihih:

So there is nothing I can use to protect myself during a thunderstorm besides unplugging it?

PAT.P
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
So there is nothing I can use to protect myself during a thunderstorm besides unplugging it?Thats the only real way ,and the best way.A surge protector as a purpose but its not 100% during lightning .

musicoverall
04-13-2006, 12:12 PM
So there is nothing I can use to protect myself during a thunderstorm besides unplugging it?

I unplug my stuff after each listening session during thunderstorm season. That way if it starts storming and I'm not at home, my equipment is safe.