Anyone have the new Beth Orton CD? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the new Beth Orton CD?

Snowbunny
04-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I heard a track on last Sunday's CBS Sunday Morning News (which is the best American New/Entertainment show ever) and it was absolutely gorgeous! The same guy also recommended Jenny Lewis' Rabbit Fur Coat.

Is Beth Orton available in mainstream stores in the U.S.?

Snowie

edit: Here's the link to the story on Beth:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/09/sunday/main1483020.shtml

Dusty Chalk
04-12-2006, 01:26 PM
(pity click)

Snowbunny
04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
(pity click)

OMG, has it come to this? :nonod:

On another topic, slightly music related....

Have you ever heard of Frank Kozik who supposedly did Rock Posters? He also designed these:

http://www.toymonsterz.com/labbitseries2redspots.jpg

Heheheheh...

Dusty Chalk
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
No, but I like his style. Some seriously effed up stuff over there.

Actually, looking at some of those posters (High on Fire, Atomic *****wax), it appears he's done quite a few bands I know, so I probably have seen his work, just never knew it.

I take it you found him by googling "Smokin bunny"?

EDIT: No, I stand corrected, it's a "Smorkin' Labbit"...?

Mike
04-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Yes I've got it and it's a good un' she's moved away from her electronica dabblings and back to her folk roots. The main attraction is obviously that voice which from friends opinions you either like or dislike.

As for Rabbit Fur Coat a friend gave me a copy and I think I've played it once, nothing much grabbed me at first listen, maybe I should revisit it again.

Have you heard a current fave of mine Teddy Thompson's (son of Richard) Separate Ways, this is a really nice album, kind of pop light folk with a bit of alt-country at times. I think it's his second album and he's maturing nicely as an artist, it's the sort of album you can put on and it's over before you know it.

Also check out Lou Rhodes - Beloved One, well worth a listen.

Cheers
Mike

newtrix1
04-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Pretty damn boring cd IMO. :sleep:

Jim Clark
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I grabbed a bootleg interview/live effort from the time the album was launched and not a single thing on there grabbed me this time around. While I hold some of her work in high esteem, I haven't heard much of anything that would compell me to grab this unless it was on the library shelf, and I'm pretty sure it will be.

And FWIW, it's readily available at all mainstream stores down here. I figure if I can get it in Kansas, surely everyone else has it available as well.

jc

opt80
04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I have Orton's Comfort of Strangers but I haven't cracked it yet.

I do like Jenny Lewis' Rabbit Fur Coat.
it took two listens to "get it " though

Alan