Combining Klipsch F3's with Bose 161's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Combining Klipsch F3's with Bose 161's

pbrown
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm buying new speakers for a relatively small room system. I'm interested in getting Klipsch F3's for the front and Bose 161's for the surround, as well as possibly using a Bose VCS-10 center speaker. I know the Klipsch's are pretty powerful, and don't want them to drown out the Bose speakers...any thoughts on this or other speakers I could replace the Bose ones with for the same price?

L.J.
04-12-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm buying new speakers for a relatively small room system. I'm interested in getting Klipsch F3's for the front and Bose 161's for the surround, as well as possibly using a Bose VCS-10 center speaker. I know the Klipsch's are pretty powerful, and don't want them to drown out the Bose speakers...any thoughts on this or other speakers I could replace the Bose ones with for the same price?

Well I would suggest that you look into speakers from the same line or 5 identical speakers so your system will be timbre/voice matched.

twheats1
04-14-2006, 06:55 AM

I would also recommend voice matching the other speakers. Maybe wait a while and save up to buy Klipsch center and surrounds, or drop your front speakers down to the F2's and use the savings to upgrade the others.

jamison
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the Klipsch will drown the BOSE out big time... but also they will sound significantly different. Klipsch are in your face with extended highs very accurate and some say fatiguing... Bose are very laid back with mostly midrange and are lacking in the highs. im guessing here but since bose doesnt list specs id say there is a difference of 7-8 db in SPL between the two.