Islands (ex-Unicorns) anyone heard them? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Islands (ex-Unicorns) anyone heard them?

-Jar-
04-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I didn't do a whole lot of back searching through the threads.

I saw the cd at Best Buy and for some reason it looked interesting.

I looked 'em up and found out that they're ex-Unicorns + some other folks.

The cee dee is RETURN TO THE SEA.

I figure Slosh has probably heard them. Don't kill me if you've comp'ed them and I missed it..

Anyway, I'm intrigued by what I've read about them so far.

-jar

Slosh
04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I downloaded a couple of songs ("Flesh" and "Abominal Snowman") but only spun them a few times each so far. I have read that they sound pretty much like The Unicorns except the songs are more structured and not so quirky. Judging from these two songs that seems to be the case but I haven't absorbed the songs enough to know them yet.

Just picked up Built To Spill - You In Reverse and Calexico - Garden Ruin tonight so at least I got me some new music to tide me over for a few weeks :)

-Jar-
04-10-2006, 07:21 PM
I downloaded a couple of songs ("Flesh" and "Abominal Snowman") but only spun them a few times each so far. I have read that they sound pretty much like The Unicorns except the songs are more structured and not so quirky. Judging from these two songs that seems to be the case but I haven't absorbed the songs enough to know them yet.

Just picked up Built To Spill - You In Reverse and Calexico - Garden Ruin tonight so at least I got me some new music to tide me over for a few weeks :)

I just picked up the Lips ...MYSTICS a few days ago. Haven't gotten through it all the way yet, but the first listen kind of made me think of Beck's MIDNITE VULTURES, though it's not quite a "party" record, it's much more relaxed and free-wheelin' than their last couple.
We'll see how my thoughts change over the next week or so.

-jar