AC cables on sale [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AC cables on sale

JohnMichael
04-08-2006, 06:44 AM
We have recently been arguing over replacement AC cables. MusicDirect has the PS Audio power cords at 50% off. If anyone is interested in experimenting the PowerPunch is now $30 and it is a nice power cord. One thing I like about the cable is you can unscrew the ground pin. I have been reading that you should try the sound of components with and without ground to hear which is best. I unscrewed the ground pin and there has been an improvement in sound. There is less hardness to the sound and the music has a better sense of flow. I do not own a power conditioner and if you are using a good one you may not notice any improvement. If you plug your amplification directly into the wall socket it might be an interesting experiment. If you have a standard three prong plug just use a cheater plug and decide which sounds best. I know several will mention safety issues about not using the ground but I am after the best sound. I am interested to know if anyone notices an improvement. Thanks

jrhymeammo
04-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey JM and others w/ experience with the product, have you campared Punch and Prelude before you made your choice? Prelude P Cable may not be twice as good as punch, but still curious for $50 at A Advisor

JohnMichael
04-09-2006, 05:23 AM
The Power Punch came free with my int. amp and I have only compared it to the original power cord that came with the amp. It is much superior to the manufacturers power cord.

jrhymeammo
04-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your reply.