Thanks for nothing Eric [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing Eric

Mr Peabody
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Am I to assume since I didn't receive a response from you reporting attempted scamming that you allow this on AR? I don't know if there is anything you could do to prevent it but a response offering some help or advice would have been appreciated. It looks from the other posts here that scammers must know that AR is a easy target and apparently they have nothing to fear. I'd strongly recommend that no one posts classifieds here unless they enjoy being hassled by scam artists.

Florian
05-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Dont worry i never get a reply either. I need some help on the planar forum, these cathedral audio guys are simple advertising and we have trolls everywhere. I guess the income from advertising is good enough to do nothing.

-Flo

ericl
05-11-2006, 12:31 PM
how did you contact me? I receive very large numbers of emails and messages everyday, sometimes they get missed. It's not some sort of conspiracy (florian).

sorry guys, but really, what can we do about scammers but warn users? we really do our best. Its a free service, and along with that comes risk and some seedy characters. We do our best to police, but there is only so much you can do with such an open system and very limited resources at our disposal. We cannot police each and every user and transaction. At some point the user has to use his own common sense. buyer(or seller) beware.

Florian
05-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow thats a fast reply!

Well, i cannot edit any sections of my post on the planar section. I have made some updates to the list and have received new system pictures that other members have send me on here. I wrote Geof. but he told me that he is not a Moderator and i havent heard from him since.

I host all the images on my private site and worked quite a lot to get the section going and i would really apreaciate it if i could at least edit my personal posts. I would also like to make 2 stickys and remove on.

Is there a possibility (if accepted by other members) that i can be a moderator ONLY for the planar section. I dont want to edit any other members posts, but it would be nice to make some stickys and to update the pictures etc..

Greetings

Florian

PS: If my character is not suited for this, i suggest we make Joe a Moderator for the Planar section!

ericl
05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
flo, talk to me privately about this.

Florian
05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
flo, talk to privately about this.

Sure, please send me either a PM or your Phone Number so that we can have a chat. I get very good calling rates to the US.