Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds to be animated feature [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds to be animated feature

3-LockBox
04-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I was watching a History Channel show about Mars and its influence on pop culture, literature, and music (mainly about how humans seem to fantisize endlessly about life on Mars, even when evidence to the contrary abounds).

The show wraps up with a short segment on Jeff Wayne's musical version from 1978 and that nearly 30 years later, there'll be a computer animated version of Wayne muscial sometime in the near future (even showed some snippets of the CG tripods, which are identical to the artwork that accopanies the album).

Seems that Jeff Wayne (along with his father) bought the copyright to the H.G. Wells story back in the mid '70s, and I guess Wayne still owns it. The book, the show states in closing, has never been out of print since its introduction. Wayne must be rollin in dough.

Perty quewel

Dusty Chalk
04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I rejoice. Now I have to watch the DVD that came with the boxset and see if any of it is in there...

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope that it's well done.

3-LockBox
04-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I hope that it's well done.

How bad could it be? Only fans of the album will hear about it on this side of the world.

Coming on the heels of a major motion picture of the same story, and given the relative obscurity of Wayne's work outside of the UK, the concern may as well be, "I hope it does well".

That being said, I wonder if anyone has done any serious side-by-side comparison of the older CD version with the remastered version. I think I asked that question before, but am too lazy to search for it.