**** Up ****ing S!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : **** Up ****ing S!!!!!

Florian
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Family Edition.

I am so angry at UPS, they managed to break my preamp. They broke the box and the circuit board in the preamp. Now it cost me 600$ to repair it plus another 1700$ for the new preamp. I could shoot myself, like i have the cash laying around on the floor. And no insurence because standard packages with 7hrs to travel get no affordable insurence. From now i will drive all my equipment.

Flo Edition

I sent of my preamp and ****ing UPS managed to **** it up. Broke the ****ing box and bend the ****ing circuit board in the ****ing middle. ****ing 600$ repair cost....****ing Bastards..and another 1.7K for the new preamp. I could ****ing shoot myself!!!!! And no ****ing insurence cause of the standard package to Holland. **** UPS!!!

topspeed
04-06-2006, 09:29 AM
That sucks, big time. Sorry to hear about that, Flo.

Florian
04-06-2006, 09:34 AM
That sucks, big time. Sorry to hear about that, Flo.

Thanks TS!

Bernd
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Man Flo - that sucks. Sorry.
That is the reason why I drive to almost all my purchases.
Hope it will be fixed quickly. Anyway, don't worry about the money. Summer is approaching and grass needs to be cut.LOL.

Peace

Bernd:16:

shokhead
04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
That sucks bigtime.

Florian
04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Sounds like an invite!

Well another week with only 50wpc driving a 2m tall ribbon speaker :17:

I am in Amsterdam next weekend to help a fellow Apogee friend and will pick the new amp up and pay for the repair. But my new bizz idea is a delivery service for exclusive high end.

-Flo

Florian
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
That sucks bigtime.

Yeah, i dont understand it. It was double boxed, filled to the top with holders etc...:idea:

bobsticks
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Did you assault the driver? If not I'm impressed with your restraint. I had a custom-shop
Jackson guitar arrive in pristine condition EXCEPT THAT HEADSTOCK WAS SNAPPED. These things come in cases and are packed like museum quality artwork. To this day, I have no idea how they managed to do that and insurance can't really replace a one-of-a-kind object.
I was walking around breaking things for days.

L.J.
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
That sucks!! My gear showed up 8 days late, but at least it wasn't smashed. That is what UPS is good for, smashing boxes. I will double box everything from now on and request it, if possible. I've been screwed by them too many times.

Perhaps screaming at management will help.:incazzato:

Florian
04-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Did you assault the driver? If not I'm impressed with your restraint. I had a custom-shop
Jackson guitar arrive in pristine condition EXCEPT THAT HEADSTOCK WAS SNAPPED. These things come in cases and are packed like museum quality artwork. To this day, I have no idea how they managed to do that and insurance can't really replace a one-of-a-kind object.
I was walking around breaking things for days.

That sucks too!

I will never send with them again,

THE UPS ****UP LIST SO FAR

Two KRELL MDA 300's
One Sphinx Project 18
One Sphinx PJ2MKII The Krell was in a WOODEN DOUBLE SIDES BOX and shiped by PLANE!

NEVER UPS EVER AGAIN!

Bernd
04-06-2006, 09:50 AM
. But my new bizz idea is a delivery service for exclusive high end.

-Flo

I often thought about something like this. If someone shells out 10k+ for something he/she will surely add between 2 -5% for guaranteed insured delivery.
I think it will only work on expensive gear and only in small numbers.

Peace

Bernd:16:

Florian
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I will seriously consider this.

kexodusc
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Man, I'm really sorry to hear about tha Flo.

UPS has destroyed one of my guitars, a Marshall amp, and 2 VCR's among other things.

I managed to get all but 1 VCR covered by arguing with them, but I did have insurance.

Fed Ex has a bad habbit of leaving stereo equipment out in my yard in 2 feet of snow, when they decide to actually deliver it instead of "lose" it.

I use smaller carriers now for more expensive items. It's often not much more expensive, but faster, more reliable, and fully insured.

Anyway, I use to work for UPS, back when I was a student. You ever see that episdoe of Simpsons where homer drives his car into the car-wash, and it beats up Homer's car, and a robotic arm comes out to break the antenna? Well USP hired the same company to build their sorting facilities...then hired thousands of gorillas to operate it...

GMichael
04-06-2006, 10:17 AM
That so sucks hairy moose b.lls dude. Sorry for the pain. Hope you still have some of those meds left.

Florian
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks Kex and GM!

I bet UPS uses monkeys for this, i dont understand how they could manage to break it tough. It was very well packed. Ah well, 600 bucks gone. Now i have to wait a month to pic up my second pair of DIVAS from Italy. Argh! This hobby is getting over my head!

-Flo

PS: GM....-- i think i need something stronger now.

JohnMichael
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the damage. I can not imagine UPS can not be held responsible for the damage they do to a product. I guess that's why they chose the color brown. We treat your stuff like $hit.

KaiWinters
04-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear of the damage and cost to your gear Florian.
That really sucks.
I have used UPS for years with never a problem, crap that just jinxed me...
It is a shame that a company that portrays itself as so customer conscious should treat a customer that way.
I would be calling every UPS exec I could find a number for to complain and respectfully demand compensation. I would also send letters as well. You never know when you may reach someone that actually cares about the companies name and takes positive action.

Woochifer
04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Ugh! Sorry to hear about that. Stories like this are very common with people buying used turntables on Ebay and trying to have them shipped without the original packing materials.

Like I told L.J., I've had better luck with items shipped to my work address than things shipped home, and in general, it seems that UPS' ground service is much more abusive than their air shipping service because the ground service has a lot more handling involved. My subwoofer was double boxed, shipped via UPS second day air, and arrived in great shape. On the other hand, my speaker stands were shipped using ground service. The box that the stands were shipped in was virtually destroyed, but fortunately, the stands themselves were bolted together and did not take any damage.

Double boxing is a must with UPS, and I think often a lot of damage occurs because people try shipping used components without the original boxes. No matter how well something's packed, it probably won't be as good as the original box.

JoeE SP9
04-07-2006, 01:39 AM
I truly feel for you Flo. Your idea of a special service sounds like a good idea. I have only shipped 1 item by UPS. It was one of my irreplacable modified Dyna MK3's. Lucky for me the package "God" was on my side that time. I know of many people who were/are not so lucky.:cryin::mad2:

Florian
04-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Thanks everyone!

It shows that even we sometimes highly disagree on audio, we are all together on the "normal" side of life ;-) Yes even you Wooch! :lol: ;-)

I use the 45wpc Pathos on the DIVA now until i can get my power amps back up. Its ok, but i sure miss my current :-( I have thought about that delivery service and will try that, i am sure there are people ticked off just like me by normal delivery people. What really gets to me is the extra 600$ now, i am really not in the mood for that. It throws my whole timeline in the trash...grr! Yes even Apogee owners have budgets! :crazy:

I just found out that my new preamp has a MC Phono and no tape Monitor function. So i gotte rebuild the Phono section to MM and buy another Behringer DEQ2496 for the digital realm and the 8024 for the Analog section. This is pretty bad consiering that the hook is like this.

TEAC VRDS T1
to
Behringer 2496
to
Wadia12
to
Preamp (consists of seperate tube powersupply, tube Phono box and the large preamp)
to
Sphinx PJ18
or to
Apogee DAX
and then to
Sphinx PJ18, PJ12's and AZ2K

Oh man and then the Analog setup too, i need a bunch of friggin cables etc... its times like these where a Meridian all in one system or a BOSE cube comes in handy. Or some of those B&W801's with Classe gear. Unfortunatly none are even close in performance. But i will tell you something

this is the downfall on Apogees....

1. The ribbons loose tenstion after about 10 or so years
2. Tension loosing causes buzzing at certain frequencys
3. If you need a new ribbon, then make it double for both sides.
4. They are picky on what you feed them
5. They are picky on placement
6. They are picky about everything in the chain, going from the power circuit to everything else
7. You cant move them by yourself easy

Oh lord, why have you done this to me :lol::lol::lol::lol: Ah, i know i wouldnt want it any other way :cornut:

dean_martin
04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I have thought about that delivery service and will try that, i am sure there are people ticked off just like me by normal delivery people.

Add setup service (connecting cables, positioning speakers, etc.) and you've got a service that many would appreciate. A little extra service should be available with a high-end purchase, even if a customer has to pay for it.

I've related my UPS horror stories many times. Fortunately, everything has arrived intact; however, they were delivered to the wrong address. The wrong address happened to be an asylum for teenagers - the local high school. I'm lucky I got my packages rather than finding my purchases in a pawn shop.

L.J.
04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I think I brought up in my UPS thread, that they actually reboxed an item. Cut the address label off the destroyed one, and taped it onto the new one. They even tried to make it pretty with packing matl. How bout coming home and finding that mess on your porch.

Ultimate
Package
Smashers